Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6ARC brass converted from 6.5 Grendle.

AcePrater

Anyone running these post up. Just ordered 250 starline Brass, for conversion convert them. 

The way I see it right now, we have everything but brass to make it happen. Hornady is great and all, but we know the brass aint the best. I think it will be a while before the good companies make runs on it, but that will not stop me in the meantime. I did see that Georgia Arms sometimes has once fired.

Also looking for opinions on annealing before necking down. or other options on getting ahold of once fired/new 6ARC brass.

Thanks.

Edited by AcePrater

Initial results look good. First round was a sighter.

2nd Group 6mmARC - ppVarmit Berber105s

First group no pictures I was getting setup with a good rest. After checking the brass I proceeded to the 2nd group pictured. Checked that brass and saw flat primers and moderate cratering (similar/typical to factory) and 1 pierced primer. Stopped there.

Have 250 Starlines on the way, but will be a couple weeks. I think I'm going to focus on this bullet/powder combo. 

I did notice that the two mags that I currently have are different mag length, so I'll have to load shorter to fit both mags. I seated them at 2.230" and just ran the mag that would fit them.

Edited by AcePrater

Initial results look good. Brass came in, and resized and trimmed. Hand primed(I forgot how good nice new primer pockets are) and loaded ladder load (pairs of rounds in + .3 grns/ea) starting nice and low. Checking Brass each pair, I got just a very slight cratering, but no real flattening and no ejector marks. To my surprise the very last/highest load for the day was a duplicate (matching pair) at 2446. Going to load up some 5 round groups in this area and see how they run. May make a few extra sets of that 2446 load to throw at some of the steel targets.

I saw a bobcat on the way back from the range. first time I've ever seen one in the wild. I found some CFE 223, but holding off until I get a good load with this setup. Will most likely just run this std 105 Berger bullet...

More to come.

Hit 600 yd steel with the ARC today. Started by running groups at 100. they were meh... I hade a few at 2450 and sent them down to 2/3/500 easily.

Walked to the long range and scored hits on the 4'x4' sighter steel plate. high right due to wind. landed 4 hits, not the best grouping, but seeing impacts @600 is encouraging.

I did have 1 Failure to feed, but I think it was related to the brass catcher thowing shells back into the chamber. It wasn't as soft shooting as I had hoped. I was hoping to be able to sight the hits, but even at 7x I was off due to muzzle rise - that reminds me I need a muzzle brake duh!

I'm going to start pumping these out on the dillon and get more brasses to convert. conversion brasses will be for sale on my site soon.

Just starting building my 6mm ARC with Odin internals coupled with our LGS upper/lower/rail set.  I am definitely looking forward to seeing your successes with reloads, and may start that effort as my buddy has one.  What dies are you using?

http://brassbucket.net/

100 cases ready to ship - bumped the shoulders back 4 thous.

500 more brasses ordered already and marked for conversion.

decent groups with the Berg 105s and ppVarmit and Leverloution.

Leverloution seems to have the best velocity numbers from what I've researched and seen in ladderloads.

more to come.