Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TRIARC Systems Single Stack 1911

RangerTrace

1 hour ago, dfwmiket said:

Very nice! And it goes without saying, the ambi-safety is a pleasant addition.  In fact, may just need to shoot this one sometime soon! :)   

A 1911 without an ambi is pretty worthless to me!!  And you are welcome to, anytime!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, to be honest, the barrel fit was not good for a nearly 3k pistol.  It wouldn't do better than a 4" group at 15 yards freestyle.  So, I had a smith fit a Kart NM barrel/bushing.  Now the accuracy is a good as the rest of the pistol.  And, it will feed empty brass as good as it feeds loaded ammo.    

Joe Chambers took one apart on IG live that he got in to fix because it wasn't running reliably.  His feedback seemed to be that the fitting work wasn't on par with the premium price.  It's worth a look if anyone else is still shopping one.  The theory seems to be that they got too popular for their own good and the quality went downhill.  They're definitely making some of the best looking 1911s though.

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, Michael303 said:

Joe Chambers took one apart on IG live that he got in to fix because it wasn't running reliably.  His feedback seemed to be that the fitting work wasn't on par with the premium price.  It's worth a look if anyone else is still shopping one.  The theory seems to be that they got too popular for their own good and the quality went downhill.  They're definitely making some of the best looking 1911s though.

Seen that IG post. And from everything I've read online is they look cool but dont shoot for nothing. Sad really because I like their style. 

8 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Seen that IG post. And from everything I've read online is they look cool but dont shoot for nothing. Sad really because I like their style. 

Yes, they have some good marketing going on social media.  But there is more to good firearms, than cool photos.  If DSG hadn't discounted this pistol deeply, I would be pissed off about having to have another barrel fit.  But, they do use top shelf parts.  So, now I have a really nice, accurate, pistol for less than 3K.