Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Had My Personal Best At The Arizona State Steel Challenge Championship

AzShooter

Friday was another of our hot days of over 100 degrees and was too much for a few of the shooters. We've had 145 days over 100 this year.  You really need to drink a lot of water to get through these hot days.

The match was fun but got underway 4 hours late do to a problem with range management.  Everything was set up the same way we've been doing it for 17 years but a new Range Master decided it wasn't safe to shoot into the side berms and made us reset all targets another 50 yards down range.  The staff did a great job and got us up and running as fast as possible.

I shoot from my wheelchair.  With the new distances it was much harder to get around but Phil Geigo (spelling is probably wrong) put my wheelchair in his trailer and drove me from stage to stage.  Without that I would not have been able to compete.

I shot my best score in 4 years, since being in the chair. I cut 19 seconds off of my average.  Would have been an even better score but I realized the RO did not give my my 12 seconds in penalties for not moving on Outer Limits. Next day I told the score guy to add my penalties.  I earned them so I needed to fess up and except them.

The match ends tomorrow with 2 more waves of shooters.  A lot signed up for 7 a.m. and some will start at noon.  We have to except personal distancing at the range and wear masks to the the Covid-19 rules.  Funny, at the main range, once you are at the shooting area you don't need masks.

I did get to try out my new holster.  I don't like bagging between stages.

Edited by AzShooter

1 hour ago, AzShooter said:

I cut 19 seconds off of my average.

Outstanding Job.  Good for you for putting in the effort and strength it takes to shoot.   Good inspiration for us all.