Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

As far as I know, brining them in isn't a problem.  However, if you sell them while you're here, big problem.  (Theoretically, anyway.)

I saw a number of hi-cap mags brought in by competitors at the Pan-Am back in 98, and bunches were marked "law enforcement only".

Customs may insist you fill out some paperwork to prove you took them back out, then again, they may not care at all.

Phil,

Good to hear that you got a slot! Looks like it will be some international attendance. Will you come alone?

Regarding your magazines, I don’t think you will have any problems with them. They will be more interested your gun. Last year when I came over for the 3-gun Nationals and Area 2 customs gave me some trouble. They wanted to see my import papers from BATF!? Customs don’t always know all the rules, and as it turned out they found out that my gun was for sporting purpose and that I didn’t need an import license from BATF. Lucky for me that my connecting flight was delayed. I do have a horror story about traveling with a gun thru Newark Airport that happened to a friend of mine. Read about it here: http://home.c2i.net/jailbird/page1.html

Even

Thanks for the info, I'll try and avoid Newark I think!!

I haven't got a slot yet Even, but I had to organise the flights and relief staff, so I'm going!

I'll be meeting with an Australian over there, so there should be some international competition.

P.D.