Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weight of X5 Small Grip Modules?

ZOSO

Hi all.  I have an X5 Legion with the standard tungsten infused medium grip frame.  Sig sells a small grip frame for the X5, and I am thinking about trying it: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-x-series-grip-module-9mm-40-auto-357sig-small-black.html

This frame is NOT tungsten infused.  Does anyone know the weight of this non-tungsten infused grip frame?  I called Sig customer service, but they did not know.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Frank A.

I had to get my better half the small grip for her X5 Legion. Its definitely not tungsten infused, I tried to get one, but never could find one. I'm not sure of the weight, but it is very lite. There is a HUGE difference between the 2 grips. 

I finally got it delivered ( a local usps office kept it for ten days!) and just opened the box. 

3.8oz without the steel weight in it.

the difference is significant. The grip looks very small but it feels great in my small hands. When I hold it with both hands, the gap between the thumb size of the hands is gone. 

12 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

I finally got it delivered ( a local usps office kept it for ten days!) and just opened the box. 

3.8oz without the steel weight in it.

the difference is significant. The grip looks very small but it feels great in my small hands. When I hold it with both hands, the gap between the thumb size of the hands is gone. 

Any idea what your tungsten infused grip weighs without the steel weight in it?  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Frank A. said:

Any idea what your tungsten infused grip weighs without the steel weight in it?  Thanks!

Never mind.  I just weighed mine (duh) with/15.1oz and without/13.4oz.  So it looks like the small polymer frame is ~9.6 oz lighter.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...