Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More optics advice needed

Zardoz

I'm looking into a C-More Slide Ride for RFPO in SC.  To those of you who have used one, do you prefer the polymer or aluminum body?  Standard or click switch?  Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Bill

I have 2 with C-More, click switch, plastic bodies, for steel match. Had one on an open pistol for years, replaced with RTS2. All operate as advertised, no issues, wouldn't hesitate using the C-More product. Battery life on both styles has been great, no issues. Buy with confidence.

I just picked up my first c-more so take it with a grain of salt.   Before I bought, I asked around my club about which version people preferred.   Feedback I got was no preference for plastic vs aluminum except for price.   People were split on the switch.  Some liked standard and just dial it to a level they like.   Some liked the calibration - “I click 3 times for regular lighting and 5 times for bright sun “.  

I went with a plastic standard switch and it works fine but I haven’t had it long.  

• 1 month later...

I have a polymer body with std switch on my VR80 (MK-12 to be exact). One thing I don't like about the switch is the brightness adjustment. It slowly get brighter during the first 3/4 of the way then goes from like 50% to 100% with tiny degree of turn towards the end. Not sure about click switch.

After using it for a few months in shotgun IPSC training, I wish I had gone with a more sturdy design one (in fact I have a DPP on the way) so I don't have to be so cautious about anything "banging" the railway and break it. Gotta say that glass quality of the railway is hard to beat. Super clear, very very little tinting, zero distortion (true 1x).

On 11/25/2020 at 9:52 AM, tomjerry1 said:

C-More, poly, click switch. Have used then for years on open guns, have since started using them on RFOP, no issues. I now use RTS2 on Open, no issues. Their customer service is great alos.

Ditto -- have used poly click and non-click models with great results on open guns and .22's.  C-more rebuilt one of them when it started to drift a bit.  Their customer service is very good.  

I don't have any experience with the newer models like the RTS2 however.

I have 2 plastic with regular switch, 1 plastic with click switch and an aluminum with click switch. I like the the plastic with regular switch the best. The aluminum one goes out of adjustment on the elevation on occasion. It is mounted on a 9mm PCC.

I got my first open gun in 2013 and a few long time open shooters said click switch because you could theoretically bump the non click switch and dim the dot. So I always used click switches. But i never came close to bumping the knob, ever, so take that advice with a grain of salt.