Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 929 new to me

tomjerry1

I just purchased a S&W 929, I have been looking through this forum looking for sites to go to for improving my new pistol. Any suggestions on sites and or parts will be greatly appreciated. Being new to revolvers, are the shells supposed to be held tightly in the moon clips, or is there some movement? I got TK Customs .035 moon clips with it, I have been trying different cases, and so far, Winchester fit the tightest. 

I am an open shooter, so this thing is completely foreign to me, the last revolver I shot was 20= years ago in the military.

I prefer a little movement.  I imagine WIN in TK moons would be perfect.  I use DAA .040 moons with Blazer brass.  Half the cost.  FC works well too.

I get Dave Olhasso to work on all our guns, TK does a similar action package.  There is Mojo as well.  I prefer to get guns ready to go.  Being in Canada has its challenges as far as revo smiths go.  In like i know zero places to send one of my 929’s to if it cacks out.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Revolver Supply, the nickel plated moonclips. They are not as tight as the TK, but they are a lot cheaper. I have used them with GECO, WIN, FEDERAL and BLAZER brass. No problems. 

Edited by Pnut

Got luck today, a buddy traded me some Federal SPP for another brand, hopefully I can get this revo game in gear. I checked trigger pull after shooting, gave up 2lb for a 90% success rate, hopefully I can go back down in trigger pull with a 100% reliability rate.