Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More optics advice needed

Zardoz

I'm a new guy to more serious pistol shooting and have read many, many threads on the steel challenge sub-forum cuz I'm thinking about trying it out.  I have old eyes being severely near-sighted and far-sighted plus have moderate bilateral astigmatism.  I'll be in the super senior division next year.

It seems that the Slide Rise and Railway are pretty commonly recommended here.  The question(s) I have are do you guys prefer the aluminum or polymer body model and standard or click switch?  Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Bill

I have two polymer c-mores. One click switch on a 10/22 and a std switch on a pcc. I actually prefer the standard switch, its easier to turn on and off between stages. Never had a problem with either of them. I use a Holosun 507 on my centerfire pistol.

Unfortunately, I'm on a fixed income.  So, the Trijicons are a bit out of my price range.  The C-Mores are about as much as I can spend on an optic at present.  Thanks for the info though everyone.

I have 4 C-Mores on my guns and although I like the polymer there really isn't that much difference between it and the aluminum model Railway.

You can buy extra modules so you can go from 3 MOA to 16 MOA shooting for accuracy or steel shooting.

Here is a group with a 12 MOA dot at 25 yards so you really don't need a smaller one.

617 with Federal BYOB.jpg

Edited by AzShooter

I don't see any difference between the aluminum and the poly other than price!  As for the switch, I've got both and prefer the standard switch.  Because the knob diameter is so small, the click switch is more difficult to turn.  In the Florida sun I'm usually running a 12 moa dot at full brightness and find it's easier to turn the standard switch all the way up.  

I have both the polymer and the aluminum C-more.  The only difference is the weight.  For steel challenge, I would do a 12moa or 16 moa dot.  Click or switch?  Honestly, whatever is cheaper.  You can adjust either one to your liking.

Learn the shot pattern on the dot for steel challenge.  Meaning how much of the dot and where it is on the plate to hit the plate.  Not all of the dot needs to cover the plate for the shot to hit the plate.  

On 10/17/2020 at 9:59 PM, Zardoz said:

Unfortunately, I'm on a fixed income.  So, the Trijicons are a bit out of my price range.  The C-Mores are about as much as I can spend on an optic at present.  Thanks for the info though everyone.

If you can't swing a Trijicon, get a Holosun.  Some can be had for as little as $300 and they are legit rugged, quality optics.

Made in China if that doesn't bother you