Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competitor (not RO) calling a squib

I'd like the option to be able to clear a squib and continue on. If I can unload and strip the slide and knock the bullet out quickly then reassemble within 2 minutes, I should be able to. Just like any other malfunction. 

If the slide off the frame make it "not a firearm" at the safe table, then its not a firearm during the CoF so there is no unsafe gun handling and 5.7.2.1 shouldn't apply

Because a low HF with the terrible time is still better than 0.0 HF if the squib doesn't happen near the end of the run

Edited by broadside72
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, ampleworks said:

If you stop yourself, wait for the RO to start talking to you or using improper range commands while trying to figure out whatever is wrong with your gun and then get your reshoot.

Hmmmm, you got a rule to back this theory up?

1 hour ago, broadside72 said:

I'd like the option to be able to clear a squib and continue on. If I can unload and strip the slide and knock the bullet out quickly then reassemble within 2 minutes, I should be able to. Just like any other malfunction. 

Too much potential for dangerous activity, so it's best to keep the rule as is. 

It's just a matter of time before someone tried to clear a live round that is stuck because of a broken extractor or something similar. Once the barrel is clogged, it's best to eliminate the time component and take care of the situation (RO cannot allow a loaded gun to leave the line). Safety first. 

Allowing a reshoot on an actual squib is also not an option - I could have a "special magazine" with a powderless round that I could reload in a pinch to force a squib and get a reshoot. We should just leave the squib rule as-is, it's a good rule :)