Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Apex Action Enhancement Trigger worth the squeeze?

BryceA

After running a G17.5 for a while I want to give my M&P 2.0 long slide another run in USPSA production, mostly due to the great M&P trigger after installing the apex spring kit and the fully machined sear. One of the things I don't like is the long take up and how far back the trigger breaks. I asked Apex if I could buy the forward set trigger and sear actuator but they only sell it as the full kit, and looking closely the full kit may need a different sear (2-dot). So, my options are get the Action Enhancement Trigger, the full kit, or just enjoy what I have.

So, does the enhancement trigger materially extend the position of the break and reduce reset/over travel as advertised? Any preference between the plastic and aluminum models?

The FSS definitely reduces both pre-travel and over travel.   Big difference IMHO.   The Competition kit makes a very nice trigger though, especially with the Apex trigger shoe  It reduces pretravel and over travel some but not as much as the FSS.   It's entirely shootable though..  

I prefer the aluminum triggers personally.   I like the contour and I have myself convinced that the trigger break is a bit crisper as compared to the poly triggers.

If you want to spend the $$$$, the FSS is very, very good.  But the Comp kit won't be a hindrance at all.  

I am running a 1.0 CORE and a 1.0 Pro btw.

MY $0.02.  

17 hours ago, NETim said:

I prefer the aluminum triggers personally.   I like the contour and I have myself convinced that the trigger break is a bit crisper as compared to the poly triggers.

Thanks for all the info, very helpful. Would you say that the aluminum trigger is worth roughly twice as much? All else being equal, I don't mind polymer triggers (the Glock shoe is fine with me) and am mostly interested in extending the trigger break and reduced over-travel. I ask having not dealt with a flat faced (although curved vertically) trigger and perhaps that itself is worth it?

I don't know if the aluminum version worth that much more.   I have a poly trigger on my 2.0 compact and it's very nice.   It's a nice improvement over the stock configuration.  

The aluminum vs polymer is really a preference thing. The aluminum face feels wider because they start the radius for the edges much later than on the polymer. 

If you are considering flat vs curved, the flat is going to extended the trigger reach (at least it did on my 1.0). You may need to go down a palm swell size.  

• 2 weeks later...