Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP 9mm EnhancedBolt™ Assembly Short-Stroke Version Polished

I have just purchased the Blitzkrieg buffer system with the JP short Stroke bolt in my GMR15.  I have only started initial testing and it has not had any issues with the first 100 rounds.  I am currently running 124 mg JHP running about a PR of about 130.  It is definitely different in the impulse.  Not sure it is better or worse than the JP SCS system as of yet.  I intend to test some different loads, and really tune the rifle in before next year.  I will say once I held the rifle more firm to the shoulder it really calmed the dot, but I need to do some extensive testing to see if there is really any benefit over the JP SCS system.  

There is a really long thread on the forum about using the Blitzkrieg buffer used in many different configurations and how different people have them set up.   Do your homework to see what might be best for your application.

• 1 month later...

I ran one for the longes time with a blietzkrieg buffer and never really had any issues. 

One observation is that if for any reason the bolt slows down, the bolt catch notch cut into the bottom of the jp enhanced bolt will snag your next round in the mag and cause a double feed. It happened to me maybe 2 times in 3,000 rounds and I attributed it to user error, mostly mine (ok ALL my fault), where I rode the charging handle back ever so slightly rather than slightshot it back into battery. I induced doubled feeds and could not for the life of me figure it out until one day while dry firing I rode the charging handle forward slowly and saw the face of the bolt would feed a round and the notch would double feed the next round. 

I have full confidence in the bolt but just something to be mindful of, the bolt catch notch is cut at an angle and with the inertia of the bolt going forward this is not likely to ever happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a factory GMR-15 with the short stroke bolt and tuned the JPSC with a few tungsten and various springs....and it was...fine.    I tried the blitzkreig/kynshot and the kynshot buffer and a short stroke shim....and I like it a lot more.  No one believed me that it was softer and faster for follow up...but it was for them as well.  I typically run lighter ammo so they are a bit faster for less drop at distance.  But the buffer works great up to 147 stuff as well.