Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL-15 for 6.5 creedmoor?

NOSHMJ

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of this powder using the 140grn bullets?  H4350 isnt avialable local nowadays and I need a good alternative. I am thinking RL-15 because it also seems to be able to be used for .308 Win.  With the current times, 1 powder, 2 guns, less shopping around..   Any thoughts?  Varget is also not available, just in case that would be a thought. 

Edited by NOSHMJ

When I was working up loads I didn't get very good accuracy and velocity was mediocre.  I tried it using 140 ELDM and 143 ELDX.  I had better luck with Superformance.  But with the current powder situation you have to use whatever you can get.  When I worked up loads I tried a lot of powders and settled with IMR4350 for 147 ELDM and Superformance for the 140 and 143.  I also tried H414, H380, H4350 and IMR4831.   The results with those powders were not as good as IMR4350 and Superformance. 

You may have better luck with RL15 than I did, every rifle is different.  I am loading for 3 different Creedmoor rifles, a Howa bolt an M1A and an AR10.