Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Serendipity Problem

joshua

Had this C-more sight for quite a while now and I noticed the battery dies faster than my other Open gun.  I replaced the battery again and noticed the dot is dimly on when the switch is on zero.  Anyone had this problem before?  Troubleshooting what causes it?  Fix action?

42 minutes ago, joshua said:

noticed the dot is dimly on when the switch is on zero.

Common after yrs of hard use. So far I Found no self-fix except maybe send back to CMore but in my side of the pond thats not possible. But its much better than today’s micros in terms of reliability/longevity to cost ratio. So Im still w/ serendipity/slideride in my Open guns. Hard to sell to dinosours i think. 

Hello: One thing I have seen is bad batteries. Make sure you are using good brand name batteries. Seems like some discount batteries are not made to the same specs. Either they are not quite the same size or there is something inside them causes problems. Some of the problems I have seen is bright to dim while shooting, working then shutting off while shooting but works again when you turn it off then on. Thanks, Eric

13 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: One thing I have seen is bad batteries. Make sure you are using good brand name batteries. Seems like some discount batteries are not made to the same specs. Either they are not quite the same size or there is something inside them causes problems. Some of the problems I have seen is bright to dim while shooting, working then shutting off while shooting but works again when you turn it off then on. Thanks, Eric

So bad battery will cause not being able to turn the sight off ?

It's a bad switch not battery.

Edited by AHI

On 10/10/2020 at 1:45 AM, joshua said:

Had this C-more sight for quite a while now and I noticed the battery dies faster than my other Open gun.  I replaced the battery again and noticed the dot is dimly on when the switch is on zero.  Anyone had this problem before?  Troubleshooting what causes it?  Fix action?

You have an issue with switch. Contact C-more, they’ll take care of you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping it’s just a simple clean up fix or resolder.  With current situation don’t want to send anything in just in case riots start happening again.  C-more will charge a fee to fix it so I may just buy another red dot sight.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by joshua

17 hours ago, joshua said:

I was hoping it’s just a simple clean up fix or resolder.  With current situation don’t want to send anything in just in case riots start happening again.  C-more will charge a fee to fix it so I may just buy another red dot sight.

Thanks for the replies.

What good will a broken scope do you in a riot? Just curious.