Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta Bullets

Silver_Surfer

No one would disagree we live in interesting times.  

A few weeks ago I received my order from Precision Delta. I found my box on my doorstep torn, wet with half of my order gone.  I received an e-mail from them asking how my order went. I explained and sent them pictures of the box.  Precision Delta resent me another order.  I cannot say enough about this company. 

Thank You!  Precision Delta.  

4 hours ago, Dranoel said:

Let me guess, order was delivered by USPS?

Just got an order from Xtreme Bullets on friday.

DSCN1381.JPG

DSCN1386.JPG

While USPS is by no means stellar your isuue was caused by poor packaging.  I would show these pics to extreme as the manufacturers I deal with would package much better than this...

I’ve been buying from Precision Delta for a long time, every order is double boxed, with each 1000 bullets in its own box and a heavy plastic bag. So really there in three boxes. Never had a problem, but I never got one soaking wet.

7 hours ago, NoSteel said:

While USPS is by no means stellar your isuue was caused by poor packaging.  I would show these pics to extreme as the manufacturers I deal with would package much better than this...

The box was actually packed with paper around the individual boxes. I pulled it out to show the loose bullets at the bottom. But I took the pics specifically to send to Xtreme. Being the weekend, no one is there to get the e-mail yet.

BTW: I don't usually deal with Xtreme either, but Berry, Missouri, Widner's, RMR and everyone else is out of stock on almost everything. Xtreme said these were in stock and I grabbed them before the disappeared.

Edited by Dranoel

• 1 month later...

Similar experience albeit not quite as bad as some shown.  I suspect some postal workers absolutely HATE the "If it fits it ships" flat rate boxes.  Muscling around 60-70 lbs of lead in a small box is no treat.  Not surprised they get rough handling and probably get dropped frequently.  The flat rate boxes really aren't designed for the load bullet manufacturers ask of them and the double boxing doesn't help much since some (but not all) of the manufacturers boxes are really up to the job either.  I hope these sort of problems don't force the postal service to do away with flat rate shipping!

X-Treme used to ship 3k bullets in a box, but my last two orders, they shipped 2k per box.  With not much more than some brown paper as a filler.  And not much filler. 

When they had 3k in a box, the box was pretty full.  With only 2k, there is a LOT of room for the bullet boxes to move around, especially with the sparse filler.  I luckily did not have spillage of my bullets, but the interior bullet boxes were pretty beat up.  The exterior box?  Looked like it had been run over several times.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Xtreme bullets but their packaging is the worst I have seen.

My next to last go-round with them, of a 2000 x 147 9mm order, I got two flat rate boxes, one contained one box of 500 bullets just kind of flopping around in a little butcher paper.  

The other contained three boxes, not packed tight, one cracked and leaking, one completely empty with no damage and a different color logo.   

I reported it and they sent me the other box of bullets.

The next batch made it but still looking battered.

A friend shot lots of PD for years but had some sort of falling out with them and now loads Zero.

Edited by Jim Watson

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/13/2020 at 9:02 AM, laz2011 said:

At least they deliver to your house . I have to pick mine up at the post office. Because my postal carrier has restrictions, i was told and even then i had boxes thorn open . 

I once had some bullets delivered via USPS.  The outside of the box said "9mm 124 gr." in magic marker.  My local postmaster freaked out, had the box put in the middle of their sorting room, and roped off with crime scene tape.  The US Postal Inspectors and local Fire Department were called.  Once the FD got there, they saw my name on the box and called my Police Chief (I am a cop in that town, so he calls me wanting to know why I've caused our local Post Office to become a HazMat zone.).  I eventually go down there in uniform and sort it all out, but they were NOT pleased with me.  I have since advised all vendors to not put "BULLETS" or anything suggesting such on the outsides of boxes.