Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Bullets International(BBI) opinions?

vgdvc

Hello all,

So I had used Black Bullets International back about 6+ years ago. I found them to be accurate but the coating had a fair amount of smoke when used with various powders and usually left a coating in the board that required a mixture of 50% vinegar and 50% hydrogen peroxide to let sit in there and clean thoroughly after 5 minutes. Since then I have been using Ibeje heads with very good success but lead time has been extremely long and I see BBI seems to have a much shorter wait time. I believe they may have changed the formula on the BBI bullets from when I used them last. Has anybody had experiences to compare them to some of the premium coated options such as Blue Bullets or Ibeje etc. as of lately? Thanks

I personally haven't noticed a large difference in smoke compared to other coated bullets I've used. Almost every coated bullet company uses Hitek, it just differs how thick the coating is. BBI is noticeably thinner but there is no decrease in accuracy nor increase in difficulty loading. If you're looking for less smoke I'd first try increasing your charge weight. If there's still more smoke than you'd like, change the powder

Chandler is the man, super fast shipping as always and with the UPS option it gets here even sooner. 

No smoke or other abnormalities compared to the other coated bullets. I’ve been shooting his 147gr for minor and have a few friends that run his 180gr and 200gr .40 bullets with great success. Unless you need jacketed or plated, I don’t see a reason not to use BBI

33 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

are your BBI's the older moly coating ? Loaded lots of them. Like most older folks here. We learned to stay away from tightgroup due to smok ein high humidity. Otherwise was no problem. 

‘I just received the bullets last week, so whatever their current method is.