Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shipping time for BBI Bullets?

9x45

Ifly, 7 pages of how the USPS is screwing things up. Must be an issue with that particular post office, as my DG and Gallant order came within a week. Next order I'm going to UPS the 48 lbs instead of the USPS 70 if it fits it ships (eventually) box....

BBI ships out orders VERY quickly.  The problem is with USPS in their area.  They make it out of there, but then spend an extended visit between their local office and Memphis.

No fault of BBI - just make sure to order and use UPS for shipping.

They ship next day, but get the UPS case and it'll arrive in a week.my USPS case took about a month of sitting in TN.

Great bullets, shot 300 so far without issue.

I wonder if the local post office is slow rolling their packages because they don’t like dealing with all the heavy boxes???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This issue is not new or limited to TN. A few years ago I ordered a case of bullets from Precision in Kemp, TX. He used the flat rate USPS shipping. When it did not arrive and it appeared the tracking was messed up, I called both him and USPS. Turns out it got bounced back to him by a USPS facility in Copperas Cove, TX for being overweight - not once, but 2 or 3 times. That after he weighed it and so did the local PO in Kemp - both showed it ok for weight. The answer I eventually got was that it was the same person in Copperas Cove that bounced it back on weight each time and that the owner at Precision had filed a complaint against that person more than once for the same kind of thing. Once I found that out, I also filed a complaint with USPS with my local postmaster in Salem who actually did the investigating for me. So sometimes local businesses are a victim of whatever shipper they use for reasons having little to do with them. One person with an axe to grind gummed up the whole process. I did eventually get the bullets safe and sound, but not without a whole lot of grief.

Went through ups and took less than 5 days from order to door. 

Same for me. Very fast.
I don’t think I’m a fan of the 125gr bullet profile, although a LOT of people shoot them. I wish they made a RN 124/125 gr bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, Cuz said:

I don’t think I’m a fan of the 125gr bullet profile, although a LOT of people shoot them. I wish they made a RN 124/125 gr bullet.

I know I'm not, and me, too; the truncated cone (and 147 gr flat point) are just not compatible with my old Colt.

I am at present loading Xtreme plated and waiting out an order from Bayou.  

When those are gone, I will consider BBI's 135 gr round nose, if I have any primers left. 

1 hour ago, Jim Watson said:

I know I'm not, and me, too; the truncated cone (and 147 gr flat point) are just not compatible with my old Colt.

I am at present loading Xtreme plated and waiting out an order from Bayou.  

When those are gone, I will consider BBI's 135 gr round nose, if I have any primers left. 

While I wasn't a fan originally, and I "think" I still prefer RN bullets, I will say that my first couple hundred rounds were loaded without changing any settings from my Precision RN bullets, and that ended up being too short for the BBI CN profile.  Once I increased the OAL to 1.100 they run very smoothly thru all my pistols and Ruger PCC.

Yea, it seems the problem is with the USPS. BBI fills it within days, but the box sits in Memphis for a couple of weeks. But then it only took 2 days to get to SoCal. Next time I will go with UPS.