Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Props to C-More CS

gerritm

I had an RTS-2 that I had bought used on my open gun for quite awhile. Switched it to a Ruger 10/22 SC rifle. Started having zero issues with it on the rifle. Would shoot fine then be way off. Thought it was me. After a couple of bad stages, went to the range & tried re-zeroing it at 12 yards. 1 shot would be right on next would be 4 inches low. Shot maybe 25 rounds and looked like I was shooting a shotgun.

Sent it back to C-more. They had it about 2 weeks and I got an email with shipping tracking and a phone call from their tech. He asked me the history and I told him that it was bought used and on an open gun then a SC .22. He asked if it had ever been on a CO gun due to the fact that there was marks on the edges of the sight where it had been bouncing against a frame and had been loose. Told him no when I have had it never on CO. He said the glass was loose and that was why it would work 1 time and off the next and it was not repairable.

He said no problem and they replaced the unit no charge and NC for shipping. Love great CS.

It reminds me when I checked  a new  red dot  sight , which was made in China for the Chinese army. It had the same effect ( can't hit target reliably after few shots). check it with my 22 rifle. Americans should not worry about the Chinese  army. They can not beat you on the battlefield.😉

Edited by yigal

I have sent back 2 plastic body Railways. 1 was on my 3-gun shotgun other was on an open pistol. Both cracked at the same spot where the set screw goes against the windage adjuster. They would not hold zero. C-more charged me $75 each to replace the bodies. This was several years ago and the railways are still going strong. 

gerritm

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

Think it would have mattered if it was slide mounted? 

I don't think so. When the tech asked me the history of it. I told him an open fixed mount & my .22 on their rail and I bought it used.  He said based on what he saw he felt it was on a slide mount before due to the marks on the base of the unit. Said whatever it was on it was loose. I am sure he has seen many different problems and didn't seem to matter to him what it was mounted on. He actually called me a day after I had the tracking, so it was already in the mail back. I fully expected to have to pay something for the repair. 

gerritm

I sent a RTS2 back that had a cracked lens. I asked how much for repair and within a few days i had a tracking number from them. I thought was kinda fast but when it arrived it was a reconditioned optic that looked and functioned brand new at no charge. They are awesome .

5 hours ago, Sprig said:

I sent a RTS2 back that had a cracked lens. I asked how much for repair and within a few days i had a tracking number from them. I thought was kinda fast but when it arrived it was a reconditioned optic that looked and functioned brand new at no charge. They are awesome .

Was it from a carry optics gun? I want to use it, as I hate the glass in the SRO, plus it's quite a bit cheaper.