Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9SFX

bigtimelarry

I'm changing the Sights on my Canik TP9SFX.  First, do they go off and on a certain way, i know my Glocks left to right taking them off and visa versa installing. Also the Warren rear sight is kinda stuck, i gave some good whacks but stopped for now. I haven't messed with the front one yet. Do I need to heat the front and rear before removing ?  

Any help would be appreciated. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah. "universal" really isn't universal. Very good way to actually ruin sights(the ones being installed). 

I've got the same one that was linked. It's ok but can ruin sights by being just a little off on the angle of force and still forcing the sight in the dovetail. If that happens, the softer part (sight) can be bent/mared. 

Just go slow and try to avoid this. 

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, verla said:

who makes a tungsten guide rod for the TP9fsx? Mine has a lot of muzzle flip when firing- 135 power factor with 124 grain bullets. Need something to help!

I was told the Sig P320 guide rods work with commander length 1911 springs. I have a P320 steel guide rod arriving tomorrow. I will report back. 

Edited by FF112173

14 hours ago, verla said:

who makes a tungsten guide rod for the TP9fsx? Mine has a lot of muzzle flip when firing- 135 power factor with 124 grain bullets. Need something to help!

I use tungsten guide rods from W74. They are made for the Canik and work great. If I remember correctly they add 2 ounces over the factory guide rod. I have them in both of my Canik TP9sSFx. 

https://www.w74guiderods.com/

i shoot 124 grain bullets at about 1100fps and have a power factor of about 135 in my 9mm Canik TP9FSx, how does this compare with yours? recoil? muzzle flip? it is the muzzle flip that I want to tame.

what # recoil spring and manufacturer would you use for this combination?

On 11/28/2020 at 5:43 AM, verla said:

what # recoil spring do you use and what manufacturer of the spring?

I use a 14 pound Wolff recoil spring. I tried 12,13 and 15 pound springs. 14 felt the best to me with my load. I know some guys use and like the lighter springs without issues. 

As far as the recoil spring for your load. That’s something you will need to workout. If I was starting out with your load today. I would do the same I did before and get 12,13,14 and 15 pound springs and see which one I like and is 100% reliable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

shot the 9mm Canik TP9SFx today- 124 grain bullet PF about 135- the installed parts (tungsten guide rod and wolff 14# commander length recoil spring) helped the muzzle rise vs the factory parts. Would recommend them if you are going to use this pistol for competition.