Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Saver or other?

minnesota1

• 6 months later...

A little off topic but are match savers gauge specific I bought one and a 12 gauge shell would not go in but a 20 gauge shell was perfect. Called the place I bought it from which I’ve had many great experiences and I still buy from said they only make one size.

19 hours ago, Cowguy said:

A little off topic but are match savers gauge specific I bought one and a 12 gauge shell would not go in but a 20 gauge shell was perfect. Called the place I bought it from which I’ve had many great experiences and I still buy from said they only make one size.

Match SaverZ only come in one size.  They are very tight to prevent the shell from walking during recoil.  I tend to insert the shell by putting the brass/hull junction at the top rear edge at about a 45 degree angle and just smash it into the Match SaverZ.  For a new one I insert a shell and leave it there for a couple of days or weeks.  Then take the shell out and use it for practice because it will be somewhat deformed from the grip of the Match SaverZ.

There are a couple of clones available, but I don't have any experience with them.  They may offer different sizes for different gauges.

Nolan

• 2 months later...