Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Try the Pelican cases listed at http://www.cases4less.com. There are some other brands there too,  but Pelikans are the way to go.

AND...

Don't forget to ship your pistols broken down (i.e. unloaded and mags out) and also ship your ammo in a separate, locked container.

The airlines have to put a tag on the firearms case. But you, being smarter, put the Pelican inside a normal hardshell suitcase. That way you show them the gun, you close the Pelican, they tag the Pelican, and you then put that inside a normal case with no "steal me" type indications on it.

Sometimes they will make you pick up the case in a special place, away from the baggage belts. You have to show ID to pick it up. That's fairly cool, but the extra case outside helps with the tension factor (did it make it? was it stolen?). I ship cameras this way and it seems to work fine. So you'll probably want one Pelican/regular case combo for your guns and one combo for your ammo. I usually pack my clothes etc into the regular cases as well. More shock absorbtion and it will distract a would-be thief just a little longer than the shiny, new, locked and tagged Pelican alone...