Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ S2 Springer Precision 140mm Extended Basepad Spring Question

Winny

Good day all,

Looking for some clarification on magazine springs.  I'm running a CZ S2 with the Springer ESP Magwell with CZ factory 18 rd mags with the Springer standard basepads and just recently replaced all the mag springs with Wolff +10% 11 coil springs.  I'm thinking of upgrading to the Springer 140mm ext. basepads.  I have 2 questions:

1.  Will the current +10% springs work with the extended basepads?

2.  I also have the factory fresh, never used, 17 round S2 mags.  If I upgrade those to the 140mm ext. basepads will the factory springs work as well?

Thanks!

I posted on this in another thread I posted some pics of how the 18rd tube and Springer extension will fit (page 4).  I put Grams followers and springs in and had issues with FTE and double feed.  I am planning to move the springs over to the 17rd tubes and I may be interested in selling the extensions for the 18rd tubes.  They look like they would fit well with a mag well.

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2020 at 12:51 PM, Winny said:

Good day all,

Looking for some clarification on magazine springs.  I'm running a CZ S2 with the Springer ESP Magwell with CZ factory 18 rd mags with the Springer standard basepads and just recently replaced all the mag springs with Wolff +10% 11 coil springs.  I'm thinking of upgrading to the Springer 140mm ext. basepads.  I have 2 questions:

1.  Will the current +10% springs work with the extended basepads?

2.  I also have the factory fresh, never used, 17 round S2 mags.  If I upgrade those to the 140mm ext. basepads will the factory springs work as well?

Thanks!

I had both the factory mags that came with the gun, and the mecgar ones I bought as extra. 
I got the Springer base pads that are 1.36oz link below. And these are def the ones I would recommend. I bought 1 of the .79 oz one, and don't like it, and now that the 59oz. weight limit in effect, it's not needed to do the .79oz one. when checking/selecting that base pad, there is an option to just add the grams extra capacity follower kit (do this, and but once cry once.)The reliability of your gun depends on you not trying to get your factory shorter springs to feed 23 rounds in a mag. 
I have 6 of them set up and no issues in 10-14K rounds cycled between the 6 mags. 

https://shop.springerprecision.com/cz75-140mm-base-pads-mecgar-17-rd-magazine/