Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max Michel 1911

Rolex

I'm not sure of the original sight height, but I know that the original front sight on my 1911 40 MAXM had the rear sight cranked up pretty high.  So high that you had to compress the rear sight for the pistol to fit in the box (even without a mag in the gun).  I replaced the front sights on both of my MAXMs with 0.200" high Brazos microdot sights:

http://www.1911store.com/lightningrodmicrodotkimbernovak.aspx

I no longer have to compress the sights for the gun to fit in the box (with or without an empty mag inserted), although there isn't much "down" elevation adjustment left.  This hasn't been a problem for me, though.

If you really need the front sight height, I can try to find the old sights from my 40 MAXM and measure them later in the day.

Just now, N3WWN said:

I'm not sure of the original sight height, but I know that the original front sight on my 1911 40 MAXM had the rear sight cranked up pretty high.  So high that you had to compress the rear sight for the pistol to fit in the box (even without a mag in the gun).  I replaced the front sights on both of my MAXMs with 0.200" high Brazos microdot sights:

http://www.1911store.com/lightningrodmicrodotkimbernovak.aspx

I no longer have to compress the sights for the gun to fit in the box (with or without an empty mag inserted), although there isn't much "down" elevation adjustment left.  This hasn't been a problem for me, though.

If you really need the front sight height, I can try to find the old sights from my 40 MAXM and measure them later in the day.

That's one of the issues- 2" low at 15 and 20 yards. Regardless of ammo used. I need to replace with a lower on- think Dawson Precision,

but the FS blew off yesterday- 

Just measured both my .40 & .45 ACP MAX pistols (sorry don't have a 9mm yet) and found they both seemed to be the same at 0.255"   It was a PITA because there are those little relief cuts around the blade but I kept coming up with around the same measurements. 

1 hour ago, Intel6 said:

Just measured both my .40 & .45 ACP MAX pistols (sorry don't have a 9mm yet) and found they both seemed to be the same at 0.255"   It was a PITA because there are those little relief cuts around the blade but I kept coming up with around the same measurements. 

O I hear you on that- as I tryed a few days ago- fell off yesterday at the range- Sig finally stated the FS is .250 for the .9mm.

Called Dawson and gave them some info on POA- stock- ordered a 180T x  90.

Thank you-

6 hours ago, Rolex said:

That's one of the issues- 2" low at 15 and 20 yards. Regardless of ammo used. I need to replace with a lower on- think Dawson Precision,

but the FS blew off yesterday- 

The Brazos microdot is available in a 0.175" height, also.

I just measured the front sight off one of my 40 MAXMs and it is a 0.250" from the factory.

32 minutes ago, N3WWN said:

The Brazos microdot is available in a 0.175" height, also.

I just measured the front sight off one of my 40 MAXMs and it is a 0.250" from the factory.

That's what Sig said- 250 from factory- crazy the go that high right off the bat-