Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts On This Grip

robertg5322

I've got one I've been using on an late 1990's STI frame with a CWA .22 conversion upper.  I like it.  It dropped right onto the STI frame with zero fitting and it uses the same SVI 2011 trigger bow I had in the STI  I also used the same grip safety and SVI sear spring that was fitted to the STI.  The grip came with a main spring housing that captures the grip safety, so the grip safety is de-activated.

The only thing I've done to the grip is knocked the sharp edges off the mag well notch.

I still haven't had time (or ambition) to put the .40 top end back on and see how it works as an actual single stack.

Nolan

CWA .22 001 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: does anyone know if the mag release will fit a standard 2011 plastic grip? I wonder if they would sell just the mag release? Thanks, Eric

I test fit the mag release in an STI grip, and it slides in just fine. As to function, I have no idea.

18 hours ago, TeedOff said:

I’m also interested in this. Anyone have experience fitting this to an existing 2011? Exactly what fitting is required?

Edit: thx Nolan very helpful info.

Maybe.  You never know with STI, because they changed their frame dimensions so many times.  I do know it will NOT fit older CM serial numbered frames.  They were too wide.

3 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: does anyone know if the mag release will fit a standard 2011 plastic grip? I wonder if they would sell just the mag release? Thanks, Eric

Call Chet Whistle at CWA and ask him.  He had this grip made especially for his custom 22 2011 Single Stack builds.  https://www.cwaccessories.com/custom-builds 

Edited by zzt

55 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Very interesting that it fits the plastic grips(said in my evil scientist voice). Thanks, Eric

Not everything Eric.  My CM serial number STO 2011 frame had a plastic grip and would not fit a Cheely e2 grip.  I believe the CWA grip is manufactured by Cheely.  An e2 does fit on a JEM guns frame, a new Brazos custom frame and STI DVC frames.