Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22LR companion for my CZ's

mpmo

So, thinking about starting to shoot a second gun at some of the steel matches around here that allow it.  I guess my primary concern is messing with my grip, draw and initial site picture of my 'priority' competition guns - TSO and S2 OR w/SRO.  Beyond just being for fun, it's more trigger time under pressure.  But I'm a strong believer that Practice makes Permanent (not perfect.)  Obviously there isn't a draw with the 22, but I can still see how changing grips could impact that also. 

I have a Ruger 22/45 III Lite which I could shoot.  Or, I'm considering buying something else that might match closer to my CZ's.  What do you all think?  Look at the Kadet 22?  Would that be competitive?  Better options?  Shoot the 22/45?

I shoot a Shadow2 OR with a Vortex  Venom. My second gun is a Ruger MK2 with a bull barrel, fat grips and a Vortex Venom. It weighs about the same as the S2 and flips about the same. Gripping, finding the dot, and pulling the trigger is not a problem after a few thousand rounds. Your mileage may vary.

If your CZ will accept the Kadet 22, go for it.  A couple shooters at my home club use them to very good effect at our steel shoots.  I RO those matches and I have yet to see a Kadet 22 failure of any kind.  Same grip, same trigger pull, good practice.

I love my kadet upper.  The only drawback is that I have to use a heavy main/hammer spring because my standard 11.5 and 13lb springs will not reliably ignite a 22lr; I had to go to 18lbs which increased the DA pull. I like using the same platform in CO, production and steel challenge. The kadet is also a lot cheaper to shoot, especially right now. 

1 hour ago, KlausN said:

I love my kadet upper.  The only drawback is that I have to use a heavy main/hammer spring because my standard 11.5 and 13lb springs will not reliably ignite a 22lr; I had to go to 18lbs which increased the DA pull. I like using the same platform in CO, production and steel challenge. The kadet is also a lot cheaper to shoot, especially right now. 

mine works with 13 lb main spring. ignition with remington and winchester ammo is 99% .beretta 76 ignite all types of ammo 100%