Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to find an XL 650 CASE FEEDER

Bought a used 650 and the previous owner lost the case feeder a couple months ago.  No big deal, Scheel's had them in stock.  Went to buy one and Scheel's is out of stock.  So is everyone else.  There are a couple of the new variable speed case feeders out there but I'm looking for the two speed.  Has anyone seen one in stock new or for sale used locally?  I will gladly pay shipping.  (My post count is too low to put this in the Classified and I'm not going to comment on things just to get it there.)

PS: Call it an OCD thing but the new to me 650 is going to sit next to my 650 one in small primer one in large primer and I'd like the same case feeder.  Mr. Bulletfeeder for both is next. 

Edited by Gunsnjeeps

The 2 speed case feeder was discontinued and replaced  by the variable speed. Grafs.com has them in stock. If you really feel compelled to stick with 2 speed I have one with a motor that will not turn on low speed under load and high speed barely works. I would trade it for a new variable speed model.😁

11 hours ago, Brooke said:

Don't understand. There is no difference between the case feeders. If you don't want to use the variable speed option just set it and leave it. Not a biggie.

OCD, they dont look the same.  I ordered a newer one (looks like the new one but listed as 650/1050 version 2, probably a new hopper and 2 speed drive) for $269 shipped.  Most places have the new one listed but not in stock.

11 hours ago, limitedgun said:

The 2 speed case feeder was discontinued and replaced  by the variable speed. Grafs.com has them in stock. If you really feel compelled to stick with 2 speed I have one with a motor that will not turn on low speed under load and high speed barely works. I would trade it for a new variable speed model.😁

Yup, I guess Dillon doesn't sell your motor?  There are a few changes to them.

My wife looked at me yesterday when I found out Scheels was out of stock and said, "You always tell me order it when you see it."

48 minutes ago, Gunsnjeeps said:

My wife looked at me yesterday when I found out Scheels was out of stock and said, "You always tell me order it when you see it."

Dillon still sells the 2speed motor but they don’t list it. You have to call or email to order.

14 hours ago, Gunsnjeeps said:

They still have my motor, I am just trying to decide whose variable speed I want to use. If I have a choice between a switch and a potentiometer, pot wins every time. There are a few conversions available other than Dillon that I don't know enough about yet to decide.