Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps Magazines - Are They Any Good?

wsimpso1

Guys; thanks for your patience, things are coming into focus.

I met ANOTHER shooter SPS sold around me to, and sold him mags that did NOT hold the 21 they advertised. :rolleyes:

I am meeting with them at FL Open to straighten things out. Thus far it has been...interesting?

Anyway, standby, I'm working it out, they are only one of three or more options. I'm gonna get this solved.

I don't want to advertize a product I can't deliver, so I have been holding my tounge and frankly letting them pi$$ people off and screw things up.

BUT!! your patience will be rewarded, deal with ME and I will deliver you good mags at a good price.

....coming soon.....

Edited by dirtypool40

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guys; thanks for your patience, things are coming into focus.

I met ANOTHER shooter SPS sold around me to, and sold him mags that did NOT hold the 21 they advertised. :rolleyes:

I am meeting with them at FL Open to straighten things out. Thus far it has been...interesting?

Anyway, standby, I'm working it out, they are only one of three or more options. I'm gonna get this solved.

I don't want to advertize a product I can't deliver, so I have been holding my tounge and frankly letting them pi$$ people off and screw things up.

BUT!! your patience will be rewarded, deal with ME and I will deliver you good mags at a good price.

....coming soon.....

I did not know you were dealing in SPS mags, so don't throw any rocks at me :(:D .

Anyhoo, I ordered 4 of the new 40 Mags direct from SPS. They seem to run 100%, except don't try to drop a half loaded mag as mine would not drop free( I had sanded/filed the inside my STI grips).

I had some 40 rounds accidently loaded OAL to 1.126 and could only get 19 in mags. I can load 20 at 1.120. The twenth round is a real PUSH.

Are these new versions with Dawsons (which I have) suppose to hold 21 according to SPS?

IF so, they are going to hear from me.

Thanks ahead of time if you can enlighten me. :D

RE: SPS MAGS and dealing with them through the website:

BUYER BEWARE. You will "have trouble" getting what is advertised, and there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE DEALING OVERSEAS.

:( Guys I really appreciate your patience.

Right now things are at a standstill.

SPS is still selling misleading products on the internet to US customers when I am supposed to be their "exclusive US distributor" :rolleyes:, and making people mad because the stuff they are selling DOES NOT do what it is advertised to.

They never seemed to have enough to sell me any for inventory. Then they came to the FL Open with NO TUBES and didn't even show up for Sunday. I don't know what's going on, but it is the most "interesting" business management and ethics model I've ever seen. They'd rather make a quick $1 selling around me and making people mad, than making $1,000 working with me and being sure folks are happy.

Everyone who has tried to work with them in the past, tried to warn me.

I’ve spent the better part of a year trying to help them understand our rules and market and let's just say “I was not rewarded for my efforts”. <_< I haven't sold any mags or tubes and I'm about at the end of MY patience. When you are ready to write a check for 5 or $10k and they can't seem to deliver, things are unquestionably fishy.

Anyone interested in making them work and getting a 21 rounder feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help you where I can, for free, but I will probably not have mags to sell.

Sorry. I tried. :rolleyes:

Edited by dirtypool40

• 10 years later...

I know this is an ancient thread but I just want to say that I picked up an SPS 126mm High Capacity mag for my 9mm major STI open gun at my local shop yesterday and found that it worked flawlessly with 20 in the tube + 1 in the chamber.  The follower is designed so the slide doesn't lock back on empty, so no mod to do.  

It is hard to find STI mags here in Thailand and we are not permitted to import mags directly by ourselves.  I chose the SPS over a 126mm STI 17 round mag.  There were no longer mags available in either brand and it had been a long wait for these shorties to come in.  At first I bought the STI mag and tried to extend its capacity with a Dawson +1 base plate but the base plate wouldn't fit in my Dawson Ice magwell on the short mag. Also the feed lips on the STI mag seemed so badly out of spec that an Uplula speed loader could hardly work with it.  So I took it back and changed it for the 20 round SPS mag of the same length and was extremely pleasantly surprised.  I will try to get some longer SPS hi capacity mags when more stock comes in.  It seems a good way to avoid the chronic STI feed lip issue and save by not having to buy the Dawson tuning kit, even though the latter is an excellent piece of kit.       

Edited by Krumble