Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light 115g vs Heavy 147g

Squirrel45

i tried 115s and 124s/5s and in competition i couldn't really tell the difference.  maybe thats because the style of match that i shoot is all about going fast and i didnt really have time to analyze how it felt. 

I stick with 124s/5s because they are cheap and available. I also cast my own 125s , but i have a stockpile of 115s that i will 100% load if my supplies ever get low

I run e3 in all 9mm loads not destined for Open guns.  If all you have to do is ring the plate to score, a lighter bullet lets you get back on target fastest.  105 gr bullets at sub-minor work really well.  There is virtually no muzzle lift, very little recoil.  The same can be said for 115 gr @ 950 fps or even lower.

If you have to make PF, then I prefer 124s to 115s.  For steel that must fall to score I prefer 147s.  Even though it would require compromises in performance, if I had to stick with only one bullet weight it would be 124/125.  Fortunately I don't have to.  I can optimize bullet weights for the six 9mm loads I require.

No power factor.  115/124 will have less recoil loaded over your 3.2 wst.

You will probably find 124/125s will be a little more reliable knocking over 

Steel . Compared to the 115s.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, Sarge said:

115's will feel really snappy compared to 147's.

Only if you maintain powerfactor. He isn’t going to.

Ever tried a 115 on top of 3.2gr of titegroup/WST/etc? Gun might not run, but it’s hilariously soft.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Only if you maintain powerfactor. He isn’t going to.

Ever tried a 115 on top of 3.2gr of titegroup/WST/etc? Gun might not run, but it’s hilariously soft.

Yeah, I noticed the lack of need for PF later. I really only think in terms of competition when reloading.