Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conversion Kit KIDON from IMI Defense anyone?

Hello all,

I´m teaching new shooters in our club pretty often (about ten times a year) and have some newbie family member which I´m, every now and then, taking to the range.

They find their way easier with rifles, but struggle with the caliber and the weight/handyness.

Now I saw a video on U-tube where a father teaches his daughter with a pistol in Carbine Conversion Kit, and she had a blast, she could make hits easy.

So, now I want one for my newbies to let them have a positive experience right from the beginning.

I like the features of the KIDON system (yes, and the look) and do have two compatible pistols, Walther Q5 Match and CZ SP01 Shadow.

https://www.imidefense.com/product/kidon-pistol-conversion-kit/

And I think the KPOS from FAB Defense would fit both, too.

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-pistol-to-carbine-conversion-kit/id-266/gen-2-conversion-kit-for-glock-9mm-models-.html

But I would like to hear any info I can get, no matter which system it is.

Would you share your experiences please?

🙂

I have started my "PPCing" with Hera Arms conversion + glock 17 gen5.. it's solid and more ARkish kind of conversion.  Anyway

+Very low weight

+Compact

+Cheaper, than a good AR9

+It's pretty simple to undestanding the basics

+Side charging handle

+You just put factory ammo in and get subpar happines out. No mess with buffers and loads and springs.

+You can run and shoot it onehanded if you want

-Reliability: FTE is your new friend. But for training it's even better in some ways 

-Accuracy: It's just meh

-Splits: They are soo slow. Glock trigger is not an Eclipse

-Not so cool looking.

-Magwell and other usefull devices.

It's good for starting but you can skip it

Edited by Ner

Not just me but all my friends with conversions (Roni mostly) are also experienced these FTE ..not very often but 1 per every 5-7 stages 100%. Fixed it by selling whole thing separately  :D

Dirty pistol yes. It's not a problem. It's not dirty like "concrete compensator" dirty..it's just you take a blanket and just woosh it and it's clean now. Not a problem at all

Edited by Ner