Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

940 JM - what are people adding to it?

minnesota1

I have one coming to me.  What else is everyone putting on theirs for 3 gun?  Longer tube?  Which one?  Anything else?   Anything I should watch out for on mine?  Not sure if there were issues with them when they came out or not. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, OdinIII said:

Is it the Pro version?

I know my research a while back showed to get a Stoeger for a cheap shotgun but was wondering if the Pro was an actual improvement.

They were the new 940 jm pro, yes. If you want a gas gun get a beretta. If you want an inertia gun get a benelli. If you want the coolest possible shotgun get Dissident Kl-12. 

2 hours ago, OdinIII said:

Is it the Pro version?

I know my research a while back showed to get a Stoeger for a cheap shotgun but was wondering if the Pro was an actual improvement.

If you're still looking at a shotgun, give some consideration to the franchi over the stoeger. I picked up a franchi last year because I couldnt find a m3k but the franchi is a much better gun for only a little bit more. Pretty much the poor man's Benelli.

I have the original JM pro and unlike the typical response, I loved mine. I bought all the upgrades that OR3GUN made for it and installed a longer Nordic mag tube and she ran like a raped ape. Seemed like they were really hit or miss on QC which is the biggest issue. Most people never owned one and some owned one and got a bad one. Get the OR stuff and you should be fine. Mine never let me down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OR3GUN doodads are nice, and I have a few, but they do not make a badly running one run.  Issues I fixed on mine included polishing rough interfaces on moving parts and fiddling with springs, as well as chamfering corners and the chamber mouth. Yeah, now it runs very reliably on all shells, 1140 fps to 1200+ fps, and hits point of aim with a significantly taller front triangle. Did take some work but I enjoy solving issues, especially if initial cost is low. I realize this is not the case for the average Joe who expects a semi auto shotgun to run well out of the box. Shame on MBerg for not taking care of small items, created a bad reputation. Suspect they copied some of the ideas OR3GUN

originated, based on changes in the 940 compared to 930 internals. If 940s are malfunctioning, sounds like they need a bit of "tuning", just like the 930s.

Its fun to run through a match with my 930, have no hiccups other than brain farts, and hear "thought 930s have problems"!

Mark

Edited by mpom
Removed emoji

11 hours ago, orangeman711 said:

I've put thousands of rds. thru my Benelli for the last 5yrs. with never a problem. That includes a number of makes of shells and everything from #4 shot to Wal Mart #8's.At least 3 different brands of 7/8 to 1.25 oz. slugs.

What does that have to do with my question about the 940 JM?

On 10/4/2020 at 4:56 PM, S&W686 said:

I have a new Mossbreg 940 JM and will be bringing it out to the range tomorrow.  I will let you know how mine runs.

I did take the shotgun out yesterday.  The little bit I did shot it the shotgun functioned very well.  The next time I go out I will run it a little harder to see how it shoots and will give another update.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why try to figure Anything out?!?.... run a Benny!!   I’ve had mine a while.... paid $750 M1super90.  Ya I’m old

i thought I was interested in the jm model out of respect but no.... I’m not dead yet!!

H

• 2 weeks later...

I run a 930 JM Pro with OR3GUN parts, never let me down, keep it clean, (as in clean after every match), I enjoy hearing guys on my squad say "I thought those Jam-Masters didn't run?" mine runs well enough I'm not in the market for the new 940.