Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington Versa Max Feed Latch Springs

JohnnyFields

Hello all, I didn’t see a specific answer, so here goes: upgrading a Versa Max with a tactical bolt release from GG&G.  Drove out the roll pin holding in the feed latch and two coil springs fell out of feed latch, a small one and a large one.  I can’t find an exact picture or video of the orientation of those springs, and when I install them, the latch doesn’t seem to allow rounds to move out of the magazine and/or the bolt release button doesn’t seem centered in the hole through the receiver.  Any helps or redirects or links would be greatly appreciated as I’m pretty frustrated at the moment. Thanks much.

• 2 months later...

I believe the Benelli M2 uses the same setup so you can look for pictures of that. But don’t overthink this, there are two springs that nest inside each other. They sit in the flat area on the stock side of the roll pin trapped between the latch and the frame cut out. They can move a little in that space. When I install mine I start the roll pin from the bottom, put the springs and latch in, run a loose pin in from the opposite side to hold the latch and springs in place, then a-line the parts as I drive the roll pin into  position. While I don’t have an M2 I’ve done this many times with my Versa Max.