Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeeder issues

9mm cases.

Keeps doing this in the picture . How can I fix this?

Tried calling dillon and they sent me the part for the round funnel (16617).

I also have cases dropping upside down. Anyone have an explanation for this as well?

268a41ba87e07326b14be80ac7f156a6.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

mine did that with 223 brass, I felt the inside of the funnel and it was gunked up, I cleaned it with alcohol and it helped

My case feeder is the older style that came with a white bushing that fit inside the funnel for pistol rounds, I tried running it once without it and it jammed the same way as you pic

Send that photo to Dillon. I forget the details but they did send me a new funnel assembly (the round one) for my 2004 vintage 650 that had that type funnel.

As for the upside-down cases: bolt your bench to the wall. 😉 If the bench is rock-solid, the case feeder won't wiggle and drop cases upside down.

Send that photo to Dillon. I forget the details but they did send me a new funnel assembly (the round one) for my 2004 vintage 650 that had that type funnel.

As for the upside-down cases: bolt your bench to the wall. [emoji6] If the bench is rock-solid, the case feeder won't wiggle and drop cases upside down.
I'll send the photo to dillon to see what they can help with.

The bench is bolted to the wall. My 650 did not do this with the brass in the case feeder.

1 hour ago, mstamper said:

I'll send the photo to dillon to see what they can help with.

The bench is bolted to the wall. My 650 did not do this with the brass in the case feeder.

The bench should be fine. See if they will update your funnel. That may also be the cause of the inverted cases.

ChuckS is right.  I got my 650 in 1995 and it had that style of funnel. They had a plastic insert to fit inside for 9mm so it wouldn't do that.  It worked but was a PITA to install and take out when going to another caliber.  One Area 2  years ago I brought my 650 w/casefeeder with me and dropped it off at Dillon for a refurb. They replaced the whole case feeder (mine didn't have the metal plate on the side) and I noticed they did away with flat sided funnel and went with a round one which works fine without the insert.