Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches

Mack19

What X5 mag pouches are you using for competition seems every one I tried you have sand, drill or alter one way or another to get them to fit I am getting tired of mags falling out. I want a mag pouch that fits perfect out the box with out worrying about them falling out in competition.

Edited by Mack19
Spelling

2 hours ago, taxil343 said:

Check out Red Hill Tactical. I have them on my production rig, couldn’t be happier. 

What part number are you using?

Mags falling out are no fun, especially when you need a fresh mag for a last little array and find that last mag isn’t there. 

I'm using the Ghost 360s that I've had on my Production rig for years across several guns. They work fine for Prod mags only loaded to 10, but I'm shopping for something new for 140mm CO mags.

Several of the DAA models, CR Speed, and Guga Ribas alll seem like good options for hicap mags.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Mack19 said:

To use them with the Sig X5 magazines you have to sand the inserts or they are so tight that you cant pull them out.

Didn’t have to do any sanding on mine. Just use the appropriate inserts, set the adjustment wheel and everything’s good to go.

19 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am using some DAA Racemaster mag pouches for carry optics. I also use some old Safariland 771's that are actually for STI magazines- those work very well and fit a bunch of different mags when you tighten down the screws. Thanks, Eric

Like Eric, I'm using my old Safariland pouches for my STI.  Tightened the screws a bit and they worked fine.

I am considering setting up a second belt JUST for CO with the new holster.  I think I'll go DAA or Ghost for that one.  I'm leaning DAA, I like the belt system better than the Safariland.  I'm tired of trying to line up the holes for the two studs and the fit doesn't seem like it's as tight as it could be.... YMMV

I’ve been using the black scorpion pouches, highly adjustable and so far I like them

my only gripes are it may be too adjustable and the thumb screws stick out too far and I sometimes hook them with my index finger but it’s easy to remove them and cut the adjustment screw down

• 5 months later...