Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don’t pick up your dropped round (it might not be yours!)

MikeyScuba

....it might just be a 9mm major round.

It didn’t happen to me and thankfully for the shooter it didn’t cycle.  He obviously had a jam so I looked to see where the round dropped and picked it up as the shooter went hot to shoot the next classifier.  Turns out he picked it up earlier after UASC assuming it was his. We had 2 9mm major shooters on our squad.

RO's used to pick them up and try to give to me even insisting finally i would just keep what they gave me in my hand and toss it when they went looking.

at an area once a guy i know picked "his round" up loaded it in a mag and wouldn't you know that 40 round blew up in his 45 pistol.

never got it you pay entry, travel, hotel, etc..... then hose it all over a few cents worth of ammo.

Edited by Powder Finger

The only thing I really liked about loading 150gr Bayou semi-wadcutters, with their tip shaped like a Crayola crayon?

I could fearlessly pick up my ammo off the ground because I’ve never seen anyone else running those red bullets in my life.

Don’t do it. It’s not worth it. I flip and catch, and if I miss it I do not bother looking for it!

I use coated bullets in a color I've never seen anyone around here use.

If I miss one on the flip and catch, I know exactly which one it is out of all the detritus on the floor.  So I pick it up and go on with my day.

I'm not changing my well established methods just because others are stupid or careless.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

This has worked for me for around 25+ years.

Color coded stripes tells me pressure level, and bullet weight, colored case head tells me how many times loaded.

Yes, I'm a manufacturing engineer in real life.

Nolan

brassmasterdouble2.jpg

brassmaster11.jpg

24 minutes ago, Nolan said:

This has worked for me for around 25+ years.

Color coded stripes tells me pressure level, and bullet weight, colored case head tells me how many times loaded.

Yes, I'm a manufacturing engineer in real life.

Nolan

brassmasterdouble2.jpg

brassmaster11.jpg

Yeah, I saw your design back in 2006 or 2007, and made my own knock off version.  It is crude, but it works:

71324237-94CA-41B0-AE35-0AEF6D5E9D2E.jpeg

If you are up for another engineering challenge, design a gadget that somehow goes on (Or in) a casefeeder equipped 650/750/1050 that keeps .223 brass longer than 1.760 inches from getting fed into the press.

I am calling it Single Pass Rifle Reloading or “spar” .  

It is so much nicer/convenient to be able to run short enough .223 brass through the 650 in one pass and get a loaded round.

Edited by Chills1994