Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA - How about adding .22lr (RFPI, RFPO)

Nic_USPSA_C

One of the local clubs has been running a .22 squad at their USPSA matches this year. You have to figure out how you want to handle steel and the score at the end of the day is zero, but I get the impression that some folks have been having fun with it. 

With ammo pricey enough that it hurts to shoot it and some folks cutting back on match round counts I wonder if that will drive people toward low capacity divisions? 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

With ammo pricey enough that it hurts to shoot it and some folks cutting back on match round counts I wonder if that will drive people toward low capacity divisions? 

Why?  Match round count is the same for all Divisions.

Just now, GrumpyOne said:

SGC Squirrel Gun Class

Exactly!!

And, hey, could we shoot USPSA with airsoft?

Of course it won't break the cardboard...

Oh it might not knock the steel down either.

But man would it be fun!

Edited by Dr. Phil

52 minutes ago, llamasabound said:

This is coming from USPSA next Feb. Action 22. Lots still being worked out. It’s supposed to be a starter game, but once young people learn how fast you can go with .22 I bet it takes over. Just need reliable reloadable .22 mags. 

It better not... I bet a lot of clubs simply won't recognize the division. I do not want to deal with 22's not knocking steel over, and I bet a lot of people feel the same way.

8 hours ago, Bagellord said:

It better not... I bet a lot of clubs simply won't recognize the division. I do not want to deal with 22's not knocking steel over, and I bet a lot of people feel the same way.

Isn't steel challenge supposed to be the starter game and already allow 22s....

12 hours ago, llamasabound said:

This is coming from USPSA next Feb. Action 22. Lots still being worked out. It’s supposed to be a starter game, but once young people learn how fast you can go with .22 I bet it takes over. Just need reliable reloadable .22 mags. 

Not just young people, it'll make the hardest part of this game (the shooting) stupid easy which will move people from other divisions to these new rimfire divisions. 

I think on top of asking "should we allow Rimfire" we should be wondering "are we okay if the sport moves to majority rimfire" as that's a possibility once the door is open. 

34 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Not just young people, it'll make the hardest part of this game (the shooting) stupid easy which will move people from other divisions to these new rimfire divisions. 

I think on top of asking "should we allow Rimfire" we should be wondering "are we okay if the sport moves to majority rimfire" as that's a possibility once the door is open. 

The same could be said for PCC as well, and it is a good point for sure

22 hours ago, zzt said:

Why?  Match round count is the same for all Divisions.

More challenging stage planning, more risk (steels), additional effort (reloads). Adding something back so you don't feel like it was a long drive for a short movie. 

23 hours ago, Bagellord said:

Talk to your AD. They’ve been entertaining proposals on this for a while and are quite close. It will probably be shortened paper only stages, perhaps run after level 1 matches.

I share the broader concern that it will take over, and not in a good way, and 10 years from now all that will be left is indoor airsoft.

Okay, maybe not that extreme, but an unwelcome development from where I sit.