Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 vs. X-carry for Carry Optics

Tango

I shoot a X5 legion in CO (with gray guns trigger). While I like how little recoil it has, and how nicely it returns to zero with the right spring and guide rod combo, I always thought it is too large and unwieldy. It cycles a bit slow, too. I always liked how fast the G19 sized guns can be in transitions, and in cycling (if you are curious, watch CCLASSFORLIFE's videos). I just wish the X5 was a shorter gun. No advantage to added length for CO.

So, here is the idea: get an X-carry slide and barrel, and put it on my legion lower. Trim the extra inch or so from the tip of the tungsten grip module. Trim a reduced power 1911 spring to size. Find (or trim) a tungsten guide rod to size. Put it all together.

I feel this would this be the best possible CO package.

Opinions?

Just now, a_whole_lot_of_freedom said:

It definitely can be done with not very much work. Tungsten is insanely hard stuff so unless you are a machinist you probably won't be to trim it.

If you think it will help you with transition speed then by all means go for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The grip is made of tungsten infused polymer, and is softer than  the  bare polymer itself. Like soap, almost

Hello: Why not make an aluminum guide rod and use the stock 320 X5 grip to help with transitions in your Legion X5. Don't forget you would have to still make the power factor with the shorter barrel so you would need a little more powder if you reload. Use 124 grain bullets to get the slide speed up or even try some 115's. Just a couple of ideas you may not have thought of. Thanks, Eric

I have a pro carry with a dot on it, and a legion thats set up for production division. I will have to throw the carry slide on the other grip and put in on the timer to see what the difference is. It certainly could be done, I'd look and see if a pro carry or x carry is already on the list and get a caliber conversion for one of those.