Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armory Craft trigger and grey guns kit

Lowsc3

On 11/6/2020 at 7:42 AM, Goose78 said:

For those that have the Gray Guns kit and substitute with the Armory Craft trigger, are you actually noticing a difference?

Yes.  The P320 just arrived from TSA this week with the GG kit (and trigger job) installed.  I didn't care for the smooth face of the GG trigger and had already ordered the AC trigger.  It went in a few hours after the shipment arrived.  Noticeable difference.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:00 PM, rishii said:

The AC trigger just reduces the pretravel, that made a huge difference to me

it might not to you

The current AC trigger has dual adjustments, pre-travel and over-travel.  For every competition weapon that has been used in the last 27 years, IMHO improving the trigger is critical.  Once you are happy with that and start getting used to it through dry fire and practice your times go down and hit factor goes up.

Funny how that works....

BC

Ran the Legion in it's first match and yes, the Armory Craft trigger / Gray Guns competition kit definitely helped over the standard Legion trigger.  Firmly lodged in "C" class after running the El Presidente classifier.  Need more trigger time with this platform as it's quite a change from the PCC with the Hyperfire trigger.  Magazine changes with no magwell just plain suck....  or maybe that's just me.... 😆

BC

I got to play with BullChunn's trigger this past weekend and it was very nice.  I have the Armory Craft trigger with the grey guns kit installed and his was a bit smoother than mine.  The Sig Armorer did great work.  That said, mine isn't too bad at all and I do like the setup.  I hadn't installed the Grey Guns sear at first, just the light sear springs and Armory Craft Trigger.  When I added the Grey Guns sear, I didn't notice much of a change.  The lighter Grey Guns sear springs definitely dropped the weight a bit and being able to adjust the pre and over travel using the Armory Craft Trigger is a huge plus.  All in all, I'm enjoying shooting the P320 Legion so far and look forward to the next season.

Straight from me: Do not use any other trigger with our P320 Competition Trigger Kit components. 

Reducing pretravel via an adjustment on the trigger defeats the sear safety cam, messes with trigger mass balance & tolerance for impact, and degrades striker lock integrity. 

I invented the sear safety cam feature around 2015 to enhance drop safety in our original P320 Competition kits.  We made our system available to my friends in NH for incorporation into the Voluntary Upgrade. 

Our modern P320 AST & AHT triggers effectively and safely reduce some gross pretravel and slop via optimal fit and finish, while supporting the Voluntary Upgrade fire control system to which I contributed.  Our complete P320 Competition Trigger Kits provide the best possible pull characteristics to be obtained, consistent with the margin of tolerance for impact and rough handling we demand for your safety.   

And anyhoo, there is literally nothing to be gained by sacrificing mechanical safety for that tiny reduction in travel which, unlike the purely mechanical qualities of overtravel, pull weight, and break texture, is best accommodated through proper technique and training.

If you don't believe me, ask Mason Lane, Isaac Lockwood, Yong Lee or James Delambert.  

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas!