Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armory Craft trigger and grey guns kit

Lowsc3

First off wow, this combination is amazing.

Firstly i have a regular x-5 with a TXG grip, i had the earlier non adjustable grey guns kit installed. A buddy recommended the armory craft trigger and i got it several days ago as it was finally in stock. The combination after adjustment is little to no take up and the brake right at 90 with no overtravel. Can't wait to actually shoot it. I've read here and there the legion trigger bar allows for an even better feel or lighter pull is there any truth to this?

807307696_sigx5-Imgur.thumb.jpg.8c334520e5f2875e27cdffc4c0844582.jpg

8 hours ago, m700 said:

I think I may give this a shot. I have an x5 and a legion both running gg kit. Ill try 1 for now. Basically all im doing is GG install with this trigger instead?

Yea i have everything that came in the GG kit as far as the springs and what not just swapped the trigger to the AC one

1 hour ago, bimmer1980 said:

I´m running this combination too. I didn´t take all the pretravel out. I like how wide the trigger is. I´ll try the new slightly curved trigger, wich will be coming out soon, too.

I do like the wide aspect as well as the grip on the face of it. It is much easier to get a reference for my finger. 

I know you guys like to chase the elimination of pre and over travel. The new GG kit has adjustable over travel but in my experience their sear does little to improve its disengagement, or what happens between the take up and the break. GG is essentially the same character as OE with lighter springs and narrower trigger shoe which I didn’t like. It wasn’t until I asked Robert Burke what he does on his jobs did I realize there’s no way around his .005” sear cut and custom fit/polish/tune. The 2nd wall after the initial wall is gone, shorter and smooth clean break. I liked it enough to have him do a second Legion and it came back as consistent as the first. Thought I share in case anyone want to chase the maximum edge.

2 hours ago, Stician said:

I know you guys like to chase the elimination of pre and over travel. The new GG kit has adjustable over travel but in my experience their sear does little to improve its disengagement, or what happens between the take up and the break. GG is essentially the same character as OE with lighter springs and narrower trigger shoe which I didn’t like. It wasn’t until I asked Robert Burke what he does on his jobs did I realize there’s no way around his .005” sear cut and custom fit/polish/tune. The 2nd wall after the initial wall is gone, shorter and smooth clean break. I liked it enough to have him do a second Legion and it came back as consistent as the first. Thought I share in case anyone want to chase the maximum edge.

I'd love to be able to compare side by side. Alas every shooter around me has gone the GG kit, no one has used Sig armorer , perhaps a cost factor?

17 hours ago, Lowsc3 said:

I'd love to be able to compare side by side. Alas every shooter around me has gone the GG kit, no one has used Sig armorer , perhaps a cost factor?

That and no down time. kit comes to you and takes 15 min to install

2 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

GG Hybrid competition kit (with the NP3 sear) competition sear springs + the heaver trigger return spring +armory craft trigger.  have about 0.012" pre-travel, zero over-travel , positive reset.....

What advantage did the return spring give? Did the np3 make a big difference

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 4:32 PM, 2011BLDR said:

GG Hybrid competition kit (with the NP3 sear) competition sear springs + the heaver trigger return spring +armory craft trigger.  have about 0.012" pre-travel, zero over-travel , positive reset.....

What is the NP3 sear?  Is that referring to the Robar NP3 coating?

Apparently Robar closed shop, re-opened under a different name and is now referring all firearms work to outside companies.  (found this in the Sig Forum).

BC

Edited by BillChunn

As my AC Trigger somehow doesn´t want to sit flush in the hole of the FCU, ( like there is tension from the trigger bar, wich wants to pull it out of the hole) it did wear a lot on the contact point over the last 2 month and has a lot of side to side wiggle now. Thats pretty strange.

I ordered a new bar (the old one works fine with GG,Stock and Apex Triggers) and the new slightly curved AC trigger. Hope this one doesn´t have that problem.

1 hour ago, BillChunn said:

What is the NP3 sear?  Is that referring to the Robar NP3 coating?

Apparently Robar closed shop, re-opened under a different name and is now referring all firearms work to outside companies.  (found this in the Sig Forum).

BC

P320 Competition Trigger System

https://grayguns.com/product/p320-competition-hybrid-trigger-system/

• Precision-ground custom sear, polished and finished in hard nickel PTFE. Specifically designed for competition or range use only.

hard nickel PTFE = NP3

2 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

As my AC Trigger somehow doesn´t want to sit flush in the hole of the FCU, ( like there is tension from the trigger bar, wich wants to pull it out of the hole) it did wear a lot on the contact point over the last 2 month and has a lot of side to side wiggle now. Thats pretty strange.

I ordered a new bar (the old one works fine with GG,Stock and Apex Triggers) and the new slightly curved AC trigger. Hope this one doesn´t have that problem.

It took me a few tries to get everything lined up, but when it did it simply "clicked" into place.  If my memory serves me right, in one of the videos or on one the paperowrk that came with it, the AC was not tested with the GG kit... can't seem to find it again, but none the less everything seems to be running fine with my setup.

15 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

P320 Competition Trigger System

https://grayguns.com/product/p320-competition-hybrid-trigger-system/

• Precision-ground custom sear, polished and finished in hard nickel PTFE. Specifically designed for competition or range use only.

hard nickel PTFE = NP3

Thanks....good to know.   My GG kit is in Texas with Robert Burke.  Hopefully the P320 will be back within the estimated 3-4 weeks as the Barsto barrel purchase & installation might cause a delay.

BC

9 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Thanks....good to know.   My GG kit is in Texas with Robert Burke.  Hopefully the P320 will be back within the estimated 3-4 weeks as the Barsto barrel purchase & installation might cause a delay.

BC

I'll be interested to hear how that runs when you get it back from Robert.  I have my #1 set up with JUST the TSA set up and a GG in my back up gun.  I ordered an Amory Craft Trigger to try with the GG kit so I'll be able to do a direct comparison.  I may order a second GG Kit, Robert told me I could do a "hybrid" of his stuff with the GG kit.  if I wanted "lighter"...

Just had both these arrive today. I was planning on just putting in the AC trigger since the word out there is it's "better" and not even trying the GG shoe

On a side not the AC trigger came with a sticker - none with the GG. I like stickers

On 11/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, Goose78 said:

For those that have the Gray Guns kit and substitute with the Armory Craft trigger, are you actually noticing a difference?

For some reason the trigger became a bit lighter and the dot doesn´t move when the striker hits the chamber. (with AC vs GG)

On 11/6/2020 at 4:42 AM, Goose78 said:

For those that have the Gray Guns kit and substitute with the Armory Craft trigger, are you actually noticing a difference?

You can control "take-up" with the AC trigger.

That's the main difference, as the GGI trigger has no provision to adjust take-up.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:16 PM, DirectDrive said:

That's the main difference, as the GGI trigger has no provision to adjust take-up.

The feel is different as well, the wider trigger face and striped textured line help me line up my trigger finger better. The grey guns trigger and over travel bar were good, I just feel with the AC trigger it can be fine tuned that much more. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 6:16 PM, DirectDrive said:

Same here, the AC trigger is great for taking out the pretravel, trigger pull weight is the same. Also like the wider AC trigger, and also not that it matters, the AC trigger looks more like the OEM.