Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange Left Handed Safety

ScottEslick

• 2 weeks later...

some info that may help - I mounted a factory shadow 2 stock flat safety into my TSO it works fine.  im weird and HATE extended safeties on CZs.  this isn't advertised anywhere that you can do this, but you can.  Given this logic, I would think any shadow 2 safety option would work.  My disclaimer is I have never tried a left hand version....but I've never known CZ75 models to be incapable of mounting the appropriate CZ made left / right options assuming you buy the right part.  generally shadows, etc can swap sides as a standard feature.  I'd think you can do this, but maybe accept some degree of risk.  Like I said, I mounted factory S2 safeties 100% function and fit no home-brew mods. 

Edited by IF788

I haven't tried that exact one. But I know that Shadow 2 safeties fit the TSO.  I ran the Shadow 2 extended left side safety with flush right side safety, on my TSO. It was perfect as it offered a thumb shelf and excellent control of the safety (which was important in 3gun) with my right hand thumb, while being flush on gun's right side so my hand didn't contact it accidently.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, ScottEslick said:

Does a Shadow 2 left handed (right side) safety fit in my TSO?

Thanks,

Scott

Yes. Just make sure you use the whole set (left and right parts). It’ll also fit a Czechmate since the TS/TSO and Czechmate use the same frame (Shorter on the Czechmate).

• 1 year later...

Hi Scott, I too am a lefty shooter and have a CZ TSO that has that pesky extended safety that kind of digs into my left hand.  

Would you let me know if you were able to flip the safety to extend out from the R side of the TSO using the left handed Shadow2 safety?  I'm hoping to buy the parts and wasn't sure what George16 meant by "...make sure you use the whole set (left and right parts)."

56 minutes ago, cheapCZowner said:

Hi Scott, I too am a lefty shooter and have a CZ TSO that has that pesky extended safety that kind of digs into my left hand.  

Would you let me know if you were able to flip the safety to extend out from the R side of the TSO using the left handed Shadow2 safety?  I'm hoping to buy the parts and wasn't sure what George16 meant by "...make sure you use the whole set (left and right parts)."

You don't need to if you have a TSO. 

The TSO safeties are compatible with Shadow 2 safeties. One side or both.

Source: I am a lefty and just did that exact swap (Shadow 2 right-side safety on a TSO left-handed safety) on my TSO. A couple weeks ago 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 4:44 PM, Reds_Dot said:

You don't need to if you have a TSO. 

The TSO safeties are compatible with Shadow 2 safeties. One side or both.

Source: I am a lefty and just did that exact swap (Shadow 2 right-side safety on a TSO left-handed safety) on my TSO. A couple weeks ago 

So can I swap the TSO safety from the left side to the right or do I need to buy a different safety?  (I dont have a right-side safety right now)

47 minutes ago, cheapCZowner said:

So can I swap the TSO safety from the left side to the right or do I need to buy a different safety?  (I dont have a right-side safety right now)

No, the left and right side safeties are unique. 

The right side safety (for the left-hand thumb) only works on the right side. The left-side safety has the bar that crosses through the sear. The right-side safety just sits on that bar.

Left-side safety: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/safeties/cz-75-sa-safety-thumbler-lhs.html

Right-side safety: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/safeties/cz-ts-extended-ambi-safety-rhs.html