Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Offset optic recommendation

Might sound weird, but what about switching eyes? Your shooting both eyes open anyways and your other eye is already offset lol.

I couldn’t find an offset sight/mount I liked so one day I just ran some drills while consciously telling myself to use my other non-dominant (left in my case) eye. It felt super weird and slow at first and I didn’t think it was going to work... but on a whim I stuck a paster on my glasses right in front of my dominant (right) eye and ran another 100rds of the hard lean drill... I was getting good hits so I ran it some more... after a bit I took off the paster and now it works for me, weird but not that weird lol.

I still have to coach/remind myself to switch eyes before stages with tough leans, but when I do it, it works 😉 Now IDK about headbox shots at 25yrds, but closer in, especially on hoser targets, it works great.

I’m using a smaller reflex sight for the offset. I have Vortex Viper and RTS2 on some of my guns. 6 MOA to find it a little quicker, usually the lean shots are closer in distance. I switch eyes for leans when using an offset. I normally use my right eye and switch to the left for leans. I’m right handed but left eye dominant. I can use either eye with the dot very quickly/easily. When I shoot pistol, I usually bring up both iron sight guns and red dot guns up to my left (Dominant) eye. Hope someone finds this interesting or helpful.