Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Ultimate Evo race holster?

Fishbreath

I'm thinking about stepping up to a race holster of some variety, and have been having a tough time finding Super GP100-compatible options. I see that the Ghost Ultimate Evo has a 'Revolver' option in its dropdown, and I suspect that the CR Speed WSM2 would also work (but the 4-6" barrel rest version isn't in stock, at least where I can find it).

Any recommendations or opinions on the current crop?

The Super GP is too new to show up in anyone's listings, for what its worth, mine fits nicely in my Limcat and Hopner Schumann Smith N frame holsters, I have a friend that runs one in a Guga Ribas  holster as well. If you have access to anyone running a Smith in a race holster you are interested in ask them to try the Super GP in their holster the trigger guards are very very similar and its very likely it will fit. 

on the other hand I got a Speed Bees holster when I got my Super GP because I never thought to see if it fit my Smith holsters, I am still running the Speed Bees its no slower and no lock to think about.

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

If you have access to anyone running a Smith in a race holster you are interested in ask them to try the Super GP in their holster the trigger guards are very very similar and its very likely it will fit. 

Good to know—I'm shooting with a Smith guy this weekend.

1 hour ago, PatJones said:

Get the Speed Beez holster and put it on a CR Speed hangar. Cut the front down a bit if you want. Mine is faster than my old Race Master.

I'm running the Speed Beez one right now, but I find I have to lift a bit more than I'd like. I'll have to try cutting it down a bit before I go spending money, especially given the other stuff I'm trying to do this offseason.

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, Fishbreath said:

I'm thinking about stepping up to a race holster of some variety, and have been having a tough time finding Super GP100-compatible options. I see that the Ghost Ultimate Evo has a 'Revolver' option in its dropdown, and I suspect that the CR Speed WSM2 would also work (but the 4-6" barrel rest version isn't in stock, at least where I can find it).

Any recommendations or opinions on the current crop?

Wondering if you tried the Ghost holster as I am interested in it also. 

I passed on it—a buddy of mine has a Double Alpha holster he's willing to let go for a song, so I'm going to get the N-frame holster block for it on revoman's advice. (DAA's website now lists the Super GP100 as compatible with the N-frame block, too.)

• 1 month later...

I have the Super Ghost Ultimate holster (that's a lot of superlatives right there) and it's extraordinarily adjustable.  I'm able to fit my N-frame smith in there as well as an X frame.  Though the X-frame is a little snug, as you can imagine.  If the Evo is anything like that, you should be able to adjust the little polymer screws and spacers to accommodate just about any revolver, I would imagine.