Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Wildcat

Bakerjd

I've looked all over the forum and dont see much about Limcat Wildcat pistols. I have always wanted a Limcat after seeing J.J. shoot his. They just have that distinct look and at least around my area (mi) they seem to be a rare breed. So if you were to order a brand new one what options would you go with? They have 5 options which I believe break down to the normal one, HBAR, Sight tracker, HBAR perfect sight, and normal perfect sight. I like a well balanced but heavy limited gun. One that soaks up a lot of the recoil as I have nerve damage in both arms and it helps me to keep the pain down and be able to shoot a 250 round plus match. 

9 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I've looked all over the forum and dont see much about Limcat Wildcat pistols. I have always wanted a Limcat after seeing J.J. shoot his. They just have that distinct look and at least around my area (mi) they seem to be a rare breed. So if you were to order a brand new one what options would you go with? They have 5 options which I believe break down to the normal one, HBAR, Sight tracker, HBAR perfect sight, and normal perfect sight. I like a well balanced but heavy limited gun. One that soaks up a lot of the recoil as I have nerve damage in both arms and it helps me to keep the pain down and be able to shoot a 250 round plus match. 

Call Limcat they will give you the best advice. 

HBar can be added to any gun Limcat makes. When I had a limited gun it was the wildcat tracker. I didn’t get the hbar option and didn’t regret the extra cost of it because the gun shot great. It had a ck steel grip paired with the hybrid barrel. It felt like a very soft 9mm when I was shooting it. And I primarily used wwb 40cal or blazer at the time. If I were to do it again I would go for a perfect sight hbar. Maybe Matt Posvar will chime in soon about his 

• 3 weeks later...

I have owned 6 Limcat limited guns. Standard barrel, hbar standard barrel, Tracker, and (2) Hbar Perfect Sight. For me the Perfect Sight was the softest feeling shooter of them all. The Tracker is more popular per Julian due to being the being fastest to cycle and IPSC legal. You cannot add Hbar to a Tracker yet but Johnny is adding Hbar to island barrel Open guns so maybe he can do an Hbar Tracker now too. All  of my Limcat limited guns ran perfectly and all shot great. Lots of it comes down to personal preference. For ME I would go Hbar Perfect Sight based on your health challenges and desires. But, call Julian anyways. 

Edited by Posvar

• 1 month later...

Well guys I just bought a used perfect sight model. Should ship to me next week. Already talked to Johnny at Limcat and am going to have them install at least their metal grip and brass top magwell. I'm excited to get it. 

4 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Well guys I just bought a used perfect sight model. Should ship to me next week. Already talked to Johnny at Limcat and am going to have them install at least their metal grip and brass top magwell. I'm excited to get it. 

Congrats. Can’t wait to see pics. You will love it 

On 11/7/2020 at 9:09 AM, Posvar said:

Congrats. Can’t wait to see pics. You will love it 

It's at my FFL. Going to go pick it up tomorrow or sunday at the match. It currently has a plastic grip and i really want to change it to a Lonestar. But is that sacrilege?