Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 OR in Prod

rowdyb

I use the front cocking serrations, so the lack of them in the rear isn't an issue. But for anyone else who shoots their OR gun with the iron sights what have you noticed if anything? Does the sight plate stay on well? Does it retain zero if you take it on and off?

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

I use the front cocking serrations, so the lack of them in the rear isn't an issue. But for anyone else who shoots their OR gun with the iron sights what have you noticed if anything? Does the sight plate stay on well? Does it retain zero if you take it on and off?

I recently moved an RMR from a P-10F Optics Ready with the OEM optic plate to a P-10C Optics Ready with a CHPWS optic plate.  The RMR required no windage and elevation adjustment at 10 yards.

Sample of one I know, but.....

I have an S2 OR with a Vortex Venom . I have switched back and forth from optic/irons a few times and have removed the plate to clean the extractor channel and finally to install a +p extractor spring. The points of impact barely changed at 25m if at all. I often use the Venom to rack the slide 😳.

hahaha, i guess i meant more if I take the irons off and on, do the irons stay reasonably zeroed?

secondly, in the past i just removed the fiber from the front sight when running an optic on a sp01 or a shadow 2. is that still the easiest thing to keep the optic window un cluttered?

My OR is sitting on the bench detail stripped, having received all the polish and other attention but waiting on Grauffel springs.

55 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

hahaha, i guess i meant more if I take the irons off and on, do the irons stay reasonably zeroed?

secondly, in the past i just removed the fiber from the front sight when running an optic on a sp01 or a shadow 2. is that still the easiest thing to keep the optic window un cluttered?

My OR is sitting on the bench detail stripped, having received all the polish and other attention but waiting on Grauffel springs.

Yes, the irons do stay zeroed for me. So does the Venom. The points of impact do not change.

I use black nail polish on the front of the front sight to black it out.

Edited by hal1955

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rowdy, I have the sight plate for my Shadow.  Honestly I have never had it on, just ordered it in case I wanted to go back to production.  It seems really well made, I don't think it would go anywhere once you torque it down and I doubt you would get POA shift.  

• 2 months later...