Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 CZC Carry Optics build

ML123

I am new to gun games this year and after having issues with my Glock decided to buy a Manual Safety SP-01 to use.  The original plan was just a spring kit with Dawson sights and I would be happy.  Well after getting it I found I really didn't like the trigger position or the hook and with my small hands and short fingers it really didnt work well.  So I went out and bought a new  Shadow 2 which I have been totally happy with and has worked well for me out of the box.  Without having to get into a complete gun build or waiting 8 weeks for CGW or CZC to do the work.

I was originally going to just sell the SP-01 but hung on to it because for some silly reason I hate selling guns I purchased.  I was considering building it as a CO gun and actually planned to send it to CGW to have the slide cut and I was going to put in one of their pro kits.  While looking in the classifieds I came across this gentleman (EERW) selling a Shadow 1 slide and decided to inquire about it.  Ends up he sold that slide but happened to have another one with an Accubushing.  After figuring out who I was buying the slide from I decided to go all in with a CZC build.   Stuart sent some cool pics of my parts I thought I would post.  Hopefully, my gun is going to look like when done.  But here is the build list and I will post some of the finished gun which I am patiently waiting for lol!

SP-01 manual safety Frame that CZC is going to poly coat Burnt Bronze

Shadow 1 Accubushing slide with RDS Optic cut

CZC trigger job with relocated Combat trigger and short reset etc.

Shadow 2 Mag release

Trijicon SRO

LOK Palm Swell Boogie grips

957619551_91730ACCUbronze_DSC0504AAlogo2.jpg.33570ffc6d2eae52d3a67621efcad81a.jpg
130210445_0627201425c2.jpg.7f86bb49958004e26017c2cd07b6b419.jpgIMG_7608.jpg.f59839059025e957392b595285616af3.jpg1032666110_IMG_76072.jpg.b3d78e2835e2643e6002059b7a96e740.jpg543900783_IMG_76062.jpg.e67508e01543cefb45ff229acd69220a.jpg

6 hours ago, Malarky112 said:

Very nice!  I was surprised to read that the Sp-o1 was too big for your hands, but an S2 was not?

It has to do with how the beaver tail is cut higher and deeper.  My hand and fingers fit better on the S2 and I am able to get better placement of my finger on the trigger especially in DA and I can hit the mag release without breaking my grip.  The smaller grip on the SP-01 with the relocated trigger and S2 mag release is probably going to fit my hand pretty well. I am looking fwd to the Lok grips since I like the factory palm swell ones on the SP-01 .  The thin Alum grips on the S2 which look good but get slick when my hands get sweaty and adding palm swells to that grip may be to big for my hands.   

In the pic below you can see with my index finger extended the trigger is more than halfway through the pad and the mag release is at the end of my thumb.  On the S2 my index finger makes it all the way out past the end of the trigger housing and my thumb will be right at the mag release.  The larger grip down in the palm of my hand doesn't bother me as much.

0627201423 2.jpg

Edited by ML123

13 hours ago, Nic_USPSA_C said:

I started down this road and ended up in open.  CZ’s make great competition guns.

Make sure to get out and shoot.

For now I am going to use it mostly for a local Wed night steel match I have been going to and having a lot of fun with.  I have been shooting 3 gun and still struggling with pistol accuracy and my eyes so I am looking forward to using a dot.  Once I get better at the steel matches I may try a USPSA match.

I would love to get out and shoot more but ammo is getting tough to find these days. Right now I dont think I have enough 9mm left to get through the rest of the season yet alone practice.  I am collecting tools and materials to start reloading but pistol primers seem to be even more difficult to find than 9mm ammo!

At my local match I just changed our Thursday night USPSA match to Thursday Night Action Shooting.

With only 5 divisions Center Fire Iron, Center Fire Optic, Rimfire Iron, Rimfire Optic, and PCC.

A bunch of us purchased Rimfire conversions for our guns and shoot them in a USPSA match since we cannot get 9mm.  It has been a lot of fun to use an open gun in .22lr

16 hours ago, ML123 said:

SP-01 manual safety Frame that CZC is going to poly coat Burnt Bronze

Shadow 1 Accubushing slide with RDS Optic cut

CZC trigger job with relocated Combat trigger and short reset etc.

Shadow 2 Mag release

Trijicon SRO

LOK Palm Swell Boogie grips

This exact set-up just sold on GB for ~$1550 delivered to the FFl.

6 minutes ago, Malarky112 said:

Im assuming you know the SRO comes in a 2.5 MOA as well?  

I do. 
While I do like my SRO, and I have 3 of them, I am not convinced they are any better than a Holosun. 

One out of the 3 SROs I have is getting shipped back. The other 2 work pretty good. 

I also have 3 or so 407Cs. 
All 2 MOA. One is on the back up CO gun. 
So two identical pistols. Also on some other gaming  long guns. 

No one can convince me why should I not buy or recommend the Holosun. 

I think they are on par with each other. Holosun wins hands down just on cost. 
I can buy 2 407 for less than a single SRO. 
So, I may never buy another Trijicon product again. These SROs were the first and may just be the last. 
Not bashing them, but at those prices, its just too much when your competitor has something equal or better for 1/2 the cost. 

Thats just my opinion, which may not count for much, but it is what it is....LOL  

Just now, Truckin_Thumper said:

I do. 
While I do like my SRO, and I have 3 of them, I am not convinced they are any better than a Holosun. 

One out of the 3 SROs I have is getting shipped back. The other 2 work pretty good. 

So, I may never buy another Trijicon product again. These SROs were the first and may just be the last. 
Not bashing them, but at those prices, its just too much when your competitor has something equal or better for 1/2 the cost. 

Thats just my opinion, which may not count for much, but it is what it is....LOL  

I hear ya there!  I've been eyeing the SRO's but I haven't bought into the hype either.  I think all optics fail at some point.  Looking thru all the reviews, posts etc it really seems its hit or miss if you get a "good, reliable" optic or not, no matter what the brand is.

I bought an amazing custom hard chrome SP01 AccuShadow 1 with the full Cajun trigger system. Custom milled for the Sig Romeo. Man I wanted to love that gun.... unfortunately, I simply shoot my S2 carry optic gun better.

I think once I get motivated, I’ll sell it and just buy another S2 and top it with an SRO. Keep one for backup and dry fire, and compete with the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Truckin_Thumper said:

I do. 

I just wish Holosun would make a version with a bigger window.

So far I've sent back my 407 once and it took a total of 14 days to get it back. And that was during peak covid. My SRO failed on stage one of a sectional, I finished the match with the 407 but basically zeroed that stage. That was on Aug 9th, and I shipped it to Trijicon on the 12th. Last I heard was on Sept 3rd they said it would be replaced or repaired and I'll get another update once that is done. 

I'm changing my set up for next season, I should probably consider just switching to the Holosuns. 

18 hours ago, Truckin_Thumper said:

I do. 

Thanks for the feedback I am not married to the SRO idea.  I have a RMR on a Glock and like the battery life and durability.  BTW what finish did you use on your gun, nice job BTW

18 hours ago, terrapin said:

I bought an amazing custom hard chrome SP01 AccuShadow 1 with the full Cajun trigger system. Custom milled for the Sig Romeo. Man I wanted to love that gun.... unfortunately, I simply shoot my S2 carry optic gun better.

I think once I get motivated, I’ll sell it and just buy another S2 and top it with an SRO. Keep one for backup and dry fire, and compete with the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I am worried about that myself, but then again this is post #51 and I can sell it in the classifieds now if I dont like it!