Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bullet Feeder with wadcutters

I'm trying out some double ended wadcutters. They're symmetrical on the long axis, so the coalator works fine. Has anyone gotten the dropper to work properly? I get none or a whole stack. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Q: Will I be able to load full wadcutters with this unit?

A: Unfortunately, the system will not function properly with full wadcutters. Full wadcutters are the same diameter on each end, and because of this, the dropper unit cannot dispense individual bullets. Semi-wadcutters however, will work properly in the unit.

Actually I got it to drop one at a time. Loaded 200 rounds without an issue. It may just be a fluke, but I made tiny adjustments to the die height until it worked. Also, made sure there was no interference. On a 650, the powder hopper will sometimes touch the MBF die. The bullets have beveled edges which may be enough for the die to work. I'm using hard cast hi-tek coated bullets from Chey-Cast.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 8:22 PM, 1911onr said:

Actually I got it to drop one at a time. Loaded 200 rounds without an issue. It may just be a fluke, but I made tiny adjustments to the die height until it worked. Also, made sure there was no interference. On a 650, the powder hopper will sometimes touch the MBF die. The bullets have beveled edges which may be enough for the die to work. I'm using hard cast hi-tek coated bullets from Chey-Cast.

Thank you - I gradually adjusted the die like you said - took some time but now it works beautifully