Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED7000 Timer Multi Par Times

BoyGlock

Tried this feature in the past few dry fire training days and think it has its value. Combined a few individual drills into one short or medium df cofs/drill and combined MY par times of those drills w/ some minor adjustments to arrive at the end time. Each par times will beep at every end of a segment and up to the end of the cof. It has the sensation of pressure to hussle in every sagment of the cof run in order to meet those multi par times every time up to the last target of the last array. 
Has anybody tried it? Or am I wrong in using this timer feature?

1 hour ago, stick said:

I tried it on my CED and I didn't like it.  I ended up using a program on the play store called Dry Practice Drill.  It's easier to use multiple par times whereas the CED is not.  

I havent tried that app but i find the ced easy to use like tweaking par times to deduct  reaction times or add time due to additional movements or such.  
i looked it up and might try it. One concern is, it will be in the cell phone or tablet?, maybe not so handy to put in the pocket or attach to the body and do some aggressive movements?

4 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

I havent tried that app but i find the ced easy to use like tweaking par times to deduct  reaction times or add time due to additional movements or such.  
i looked it up and might try it. One concern is, it will be in the cell phone or tablet?, maybe not so handy to put in the pocket or attach to the body and do some aggressive movements?

Cell phone.  I use a otterbox, so I just hook it into the clip.

• 1 month later...

I stopped doing this for awhile. I found myself waiting for the timer beep after each array or movement. Now I just time the whole cof from start to finish. But i think i retained the feeling of hustling in every array position up to the last target. 

Edited by BoyGlock