Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC A01 springs for extended basepads

RGC

I just purchased 2 A01-LD's for carry optics.  They use the P10 mags.  I just ordered a few extended basepads (to 140).  Anyone use this set up and use the factory springs?  Thinking of ordering some Grams.

Love them.  If I can figure out a better way to get the hammer pin retaining pin out would love them more...

They do.  I am sticking with original patterned mags as no longer have an cz75 variant ones.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:00 PM, RGC said:

I just purchased 2 A01-LD's for carry optics.  They use the P10 mags.  I just ordered a few extended basepads (to 140).  Anyone use this set up and use the factory springs?  Thinking of ordering some Grams.

I shoot a P-10F with Henning 140 mm basepads and use the P-10F/P-09 OEM magazine springs and a OEM follower with the front and rear tabs shortened to match the center tab.  I get 22 rounds in there and have no trouble getting the mags to latch in the P-10.  I need to go to 21 rounds if I want reliable latching in the P-09.

After almost a season of use the OEM springs have weakened to the point where they would not lock the slide back if there's even the slightest contact between my left hand and the slide release.  I replaced the spring in one mag with a new OEM spring.  I took the old spring out of my other 140 mm mag and stretched it some.  Both fixes work fine.

I'm pretty sure the OEM spring is being compressed solid when I load 22 rounds in my setup.  Coil binding a spring is detrimental to its durability, so it seems that the OEM springs are an annual consumable when using them in 140 mm magazines.

The springs last basically forever in unmodified P-10F magazines since they don't go solid

On 9/2/2020 at 11:53 PM, RGC said:

Love them.  If I can figure out a better way to get the hammer pin retaining pin out would love them more...

They do.  I am sticking with original patterned mags as no longer have an cz75 variant ones.

That little pin is a huge pain. 

I’ve been hitting my frame on a block of wood with decent success. The couple times that didn’t work, CZC told me to just drive out the hammer pin and break the small pin. You don’t have to hit it with much force to snap it in half.

As for mags, I’m using the CZC extensions, I like how the fit with the frame, unlike Hennings. I’m using the stock springs and followers. My followers have been shortened a decent amount and all my mags hold 23 (reloadable, but I’d still down load)

The images should be attached. When you cut down the front, you’ll have to do a bit of sanding on the corners, they’ll get caught on the mag release slots. 

So far I haven’t had a malfunction. Eventually I’ll try cutting them down more or playing with TTI followers and grams springs like the q5sf people have. 

17333178-3211-4B8D-831F-E4DC5D5E9E89.jpeg

67732DBC-FBCD-43BD-889C-AAD930CCC178.jpeg

10F0C11F-F52B-4E35-AF0F-F4D9B8223565.jpeg

16 hours ago, jpeters11 said:

The images should be attached. When you cut down the front, you’ll have to do a bit of sanding on the corners, they’ll get caught on the mag release slots. 

So far I haven’t had a malfunction. Eventually I’ll try cutting them down more or playing with TTI followers and grams springs like the q5sf people have. 

17333178-3211-4B8D-831F-E4DC5D5E9E89.jpeg

67732DBC-FBCD-43BD-889C-AAD930CCC178.jpeg

10F0C11F-F52B-4E35-AF0F-F4D9B8223565.jpeg

OK that's exactly how I trimmed mine.

And oh yeah I figured out that the front leg's corners needed to be rounded and deburred really well to prevent snags on the mag latch notches when loading it

• 11 months later...