Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Juice - thoughts??

Stephen7942

3 hours ago, Just4FunLP said:

Interesting conversation. I’m about to start reloading massive quantities of 223 for low accuracy shooting. I really don’t care about how it looks.  I bought he RT-1500 case trimmer for my XL-600 (I’m still waiting for the die i rides on). The idea was to use the steel pins between the first and second trips through the 650 to help remove the burrs on the mouth of the case as well as help clean the primer pocket. It was recommended by people who reload rifle. Hope I haven’t made a mistake…

I’ve reloaded over probably close to 200,000 rounds of 9MM over the years, and am totally happy with the results of corncob media.

The pins will clean up the brass; I send all the brass I trim through the pins cleans them up nicely.  The pins are just painful ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had good results with brass juice. It is nice to not have to use the pins as it makes sifting a lot faster. I've reused the solution 1-2 times in the past with still decent results.

• 2 months later...

I clean the cases 1 hour without SS pins then full length size deprime, trim cases, camphor, debur, and uniform primer pockets. Then clean again 1 1/2 hours with SS pins. After I put them in a separator and spin and most all the pins fall in the bucket. Lay them out on a towel and a fan a few hours to dry. Spin again to remove any clinging pins and good as new inside and out. To each his own if just cleaning the outside is good enough, I'm fine with that. I'm anal with my ammo. I use the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series rotary tumbler and strain and rinse thoroughly with their mesh strainers. Cleaning time is minimal when doing 500 at a time. I mainly reload .223 and 40 cal. Good luck and God Bless. 

Edited by RGM
For got to add calibers used

• 2 weeks later...