Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Juice - thoughts??

Stephen7942

I have used it a time or two without ss pins in my wet tumbler. I must say it is very nice not having to sort the pins form the brass. Seems to get the brass real clean! I give it an A+.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this product.

Take Care,

-SS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, EliColotta said:

Works good for me without SS pins.  A couple of hours in a Dillon Vibratory tumbler and they are pretty shiny.  Dry in the sun.  Minimum labor.  

agreed! I dried my first batch in the sun. Do you deprime before tumbling? Or does it make a difference?

It's good stuff IMHO.   Seems to leave more case lubing properties than the usually recommended mix of Dawn and Armor All Liquid car wax.   The brass comes out very clean and shiny w/o pins.  

18 minutes ago, NETim said:

It's good stuff IMHO.   Seems to leave more case lubing properties than the usually recommended mix of Dawn and Armor All Liquid car wax.   The brass comes out very clean and shiny w/o pins.  

agreed! Do you usually deprime before cleaning with brass juice?

17 minutes ago, bun said:

it works great for me. 9/40/45. I do deprime them before tumbling with warm water for about an hour

deprime before wet tumble has always been my process. I may try to clean a batch today without depriming and see what happens!

1 hour ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I sort then tumble then load. If I had to deprime first I would probably not wet tumble.

I haven't tried brass juice but will take a look. I've been using lemishine and wax and wash and it's been good enough.

Good deal. Brass Juice takes it to a new level of shine/clean IMO. Definitely worth not having to sort SS pins. 

honestly I dont get you guys at all. I am all for something if it makes it better, or makes it less work.
But jeese ,,, a Corncob media tumbler has been working for me for decades. no goos no pins, no spreading out and shake and bake,,, I just dont get it. Extra shiney but lots of extra steps.
Doesnt shoot any better.

8 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

honestly I dont get you guys at all. I am all for something if it makes it better, or makes it less work.
But jeese ,,, a Corncob media tumbler has been working for me for decades. no goos no pins, no spreading out and shake and bake,,, I just dont get it. Extra shiney but lots of extra steps.
Doesnt shoot any better.

I just got into reloading and went the wet tumble route.

I tried pins the first time but never after that. I don't think it's more work than dry tumbling. I fill up the tube with casings, add water and soap, tumble for a couple of hours, rinse off and lay out to dry. My time into cleaning 1500 plus casings is probably 20 minutes and that's probably an overstatement. I don't ever have to buy media and my casings come out nice and clean. The only consumables I have is soap and lemishine and the $8 I spent on both will probably last me 5 years.

My only regret was not just buying a cement mixer to do it

rimse off and lay out to dry,, then wait.
Vs dump in a strainer... shake then load,,,, Ummm Ok , still dont get it. I bet I have about 1 minute into cleaning that 1.5k

Edited by Joe4d

1 hour ago, Joe4d said:

Doesnt shoot any better.

to each his own...

I just enjoy the shiny look.. Of course they don't shoot any better... but they look better :)

Thats the good thing about reloading! There are many things people can do differently to make it their own finished product. 

1 hour ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Yeah, I used pins the first time I used it but never again. It's not worth the effort to me. Maybe if I was a PRS I would, but those guys probably break out the old toothbrush and clean every spent casing my hand....

i just tried a batch of straight out of the bucket .223/5.56 w/o pins and w/o depriming. They came out real nice. I ran them for 2 hours. I left them dry on a towel in the sun. May just bring them inside next time. Some of them look like they got a little sunburnt... 😆

There are as many ways to tumble as there were best cams for a small block Chevy in the 70's.There is no wrong answer if it works for you. I use a cement mixer, Brass Juice, Dehydrator, and then Rollsizer.com DC unit. Then it is dry tumble again in the cement mixer with cob and Lucas metal polish. I process once or twice a year and go from there.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:50 PM, Joe4d said:

Doesnt shoot any better.

Tried wet tumbling after 32 years of reloading and it makes reloading easy.   Little more work but definitely better option than dry tumbling.    

It is not just about shiny brass.  

Edited by dannyd

Better how ? Not being smart, as mentioned I dont get it.  Way more work, way more expensive equipment, liquid hazmat to dispose of. Only benefit I hear is shiny brass that functions no better.
Keep in mind, my corn cob stuff is 100%,, in same 30 years you mentioned. I dont recall EVER having an ammo problem where I said "Dang sure do wish I woulda liquid tumbled"

5 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Better how ? Not being smart, as mentioned I dont get it.  Way more work, way more expensive equipment, liquid hazmat to dispose of. Only benefit I hear is shiny brass that functions no better.
Keep in mind, my corn cob stuff is 100%,, in same 30 years you mentioned. I dont recall EVER having an ammo problem where I said "Dang sure do wish I woulda liquid tumbled"

First off Tidewater people don't use "Dang Sure" ;)   I tried and liked it and the 50 rounds of 308 we shot today was easier to load because it was cleaner than running it in the Dillon 500 with Lyman green.   That's just my opinion after loading 170,012 rounds I think I can have a valid opinion.  :)

Edited by dannyd

On 9/2/2020 at 5:50 PM, Joe4d said:

Doesnt shoot any better.

When I goofed on the guys on calguns.com for their 29 step brass cleaning process they weren't happy.

Here's my three step process

1. Dump in the brass

2. Tumble the brass

3. Dump out the brass

No pins, no goop, no pre de-priming, no food dehydrator, no....

I don't know why you guys think there are so many more steps to wet tumbling. The only extra step I have is to lay the brass out to dry.

I dump in the brass, add water and soap,tumble the brass, dump out the brass, lay out and dry.

I'm sure there are other people doing way more, but this is how most people here do it. I didn't do wet tumbling because of shiney brass, I did it because it appears to be easier and after tumbling 10k plus prices of brass I doesn't seem any harder.

I like wet and had always went with pins/dawn/lemishine/warm water for 2 hours or so

I bought some of the juice and it gets 95% as clean without sorting pins so ive been using it like that

I also noticed that 1 hour gets it 95% as clean as 2 hours.

So im running 1 hour on first batch and 2 on second so that my dryers have enough time to get cases dry before second load comes out.