Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon case feeder motor replacement

Short version is the motor on my case feeder is starting to give out. The high speed is equal to the low speed on my other case feeder and the low speed barely rotates the case feeder plate. 

I've  done some looking and saw Dillon will replace the motor for around $150. I was curious if anyone has just gone out and purchased a replacement motor not through dillon. I have seen a few other companies sell kits but they are practically the same cost. If you have purchased a motor which one did you get and where did you get it. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, CPD7119 said:

Short version is the motor on my case feeder is starting to give out. The high speed is equal to the low speed on my other case feeder and the low speed barely rotates the case feeder plate. 

I've  done some looking and saw Dillon will replace the motor for around $150. I was curious if anyone has just gone out and purchased a replacement motor not through dillon. I have seen a few other companies sell kits but they are practically the same cost. If you have purchased a motor which one did you get and where did you get it. 

Thanks

My motor from Dillon was $60 or so. You have to call or email them since they don’t list the older motor, but they do have them. The 150 price was for variable speed motor no?

I know that you were asking if anyone has purchased a motor from another company other than Dillon. However, I bought the Dillon variable speed motor and installed it. I wanted more speed to keep up with my auto drive. I am happy with it. I made a short video of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

when looking down in case feeder the motor shaft turns cw but when ordering a motor which side of motor is considered the actual direction i believe the direction is considered from the shaft facing you so it would be a cw motor is this correct?