Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Falcon Bullets is closed !!!

OleGreyGhost

I could see more businesses closing after all this. Companies are working crazy OT and from the sounds of it supplies are hard to get.

And shooters want their bullets right now and don't want to pay more, the margins are shrinking and the effort probably isn't worth it to some people.

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Never heard of them. Were they a newer outfit?

No.  The previous owner made some of the best coated bullets available.  They were consistent, accurate and didn't stink when fired.  The coating was super slick.  To give two examples:  my Limited load using a Falcon 180 TC N340 made 172 PF.  Switching to a BBI 180 TC dropped that to 164 PF.  My later Limited load of 3.7ge e3 under the Falcon made 176 PF.  The BBI dropped that to 171.

When some of the family members decided to pursue other options there was not enough help to keep it running and the business was eventually sold.  The new owner's used the Hi-Tec coating and the bullets were not as good.  After a lot of testing I switched to Precision coated bullets.  Other than the original Falcons, they are the best coated bullets of all I have tried. 

3 hours ago, zzt said:

No.  The previous owner made some of the best coated bullets available.  They were consistent, accurate and didn't stink when fired.  The coating was super slick.  To give two examples:  my Limited load using a Falcon 180 TC N340 made 172 PF.  Switching to a BBI 180 TC dropped that to 164 PF.  My later Limited load of 3.7ge e3 under the Falcon made 176 PF.  The BBI dropped that to 171.

When some of the family members decided to pursue other options there was not enough help to keep it running and the business was eventually sold.  The new owner's used the Hi-Tec coating and the bullets were not as good.  After a lot of testing I switched to Precision coated bullets.  Other than the original Falcons, they are the best coated bullets of all I have tried. 

I made the mistake of trying their coated bullets to begin with my 1st attempt at loading coated. The new owner is a nice guy, and he has been working OT with everything going on, so I can understand why he wanted to get out. Back to the bullets - I have a lot of trouble loading the newer Falcon Bullets. They ogive is ridiculous compared to BBI and I have to load them very short to plunk. The coating seems decent, but I don't like the profile compared to BBI. 

Also, last time I spoke with the owner he mentioned the price of lead from his supplier has gone up significantly, so I'm sure his margins were shrinking, cut to zero, or in the red.

Edited by pealandco

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...